The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Good for Nolan Foote!

Foote looks like a player. I really hope he gets more opportunities.

One if the better defensive games, didn’t see too many mishaps. Jonas has been bringing a lot of toughness out lately and Dougie has cleaned things out . 

Looking at the past 5 games, idk how you can be upset. They never looked outclasses and they probably out played their opponents 4 out of 5 games 

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Foote looks like a player. I really hope he gets more opportunities.

One if the better defensive games, didn’t see too many mishaps. Jonas has been bringing a lot of toughness out lately and Dougie has cleaned things out . 

Looking at the past 5 games, idk how you can be upset. They never looked outclasses and they probably out played their opponents 4 out of 5 games 

I don't know that Foote is a thing moving forward (kind of old for a forward prospect, never really took off even at the AHL level), but I would definitely give him a shot next year to replace wood. He's got a big body and frame and he's actually got one of the best shots in the organization, which means he could be a useful PP2 player (Miles, even though he plays there sometimes, is not). He's got some clunky foot speed, so I don't think he ever steps up beyond a bottom 6 role, but if he would develop into more of a power forward type (not his game despite his size), maybe he's useful. 

I will say that he's often looked pretty solid at the NHL level in his very limited sample size. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know that Foote is a thing moving forward (kind of old for a forward prospect, never really took off even at the AHL level), but I would definitely give him a shot next year to replace wood. He's got a big body and frame and he's actually got one of the best shots in the organization, which means he could be a useful PP2 player (Miles, even though he plays there sometimes, is not). He's got some clunky foot speed, so I don't think he ever steps up beyond a bottom 6 role, but if he would develop into more of a power forward type (not his game despite his size), maybe he's useful. 

I will say that he's often looked pretty solid at the NHL level in his very limited sample size. 

What’s been holding him back ? His shot looks wicked 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What’s been holding him back ? His shot looks wicked 

Doesn't skate overly well, doesn't really generate much on his own. Not fast or particularly agile with the puck either. He's strong on the puck and protecting it, but doesn't push his size advantage. The offense just never clicked. 

I took him out of my prospects list at the start of the year