The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

All we had to do was play .500 hockey and we were safe playoff bets. Instead, Ruff is back to his usual bull**** and we're playing hockey at a 23 win pace since our start. If you can't handle injuries and make appropriate adjustments, then you don't belong on an NHL bench. All it took was an injury to Nathan Bastian and the whole thing went down the ****ter because Ruff is an absolute buffoon.

Just now, beekay414 said:

All we had to do was play .500 hockey and we were safe playoff bets. Instead, Ruff is back to his usual bull**** and we're playing hockey at a 23 win pace since our start. If you can't handle injuries and make appropriate adjustments, then you don't belong on an NHL bench. All it took was an injury to Nathan Bastian and the whole thing went down the ****ter because Ruff is an absolute buffoon.

Honestly, it's the same thing that Utica did last year. They ran off that huge streak to start the year. They were 31-29 after that opening game winning streak. 

If we don't make it, it's the right year to miss 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, it's the same thing that Utica did last year. They ran off that huge streak to start the year. They were 31-29 after that opening game winning streak. 

If we don't make it, it's the right year to miss 

31-29? I'd ******* kill for 31-29 pace right now. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are better than 3-9 in december, but they were also 14-1 or whatever in November. Truth is somewhere in the middle of both months. 

Well, let's just put it this way, I'm not going to be watching many, if any, more games if we keep plugging Haula in the top 6. If Palat comes back and Ruff's move is to put Tatar on the 3rd line and not Haula, then he needs to be fired. 

I dunno. Just ******* give the job to Brunette before this season is completely lost because of Ruff's ineptitude. He rode the high and relished in it and now he can't stop the bleeding because he's not a good coach.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't even think I give him that. He can take 7x7.5 or we'll trade him to Arizona.

Arizona probably wouldn't be interested. We'd probably move him to a contender who is comfortable losing him after only a year if need be for a late first + prospect 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Arizona probably wouldn't be interested. We'd probably move him to a contender who is comfortable losing him after only a year if need be for a late first + prospect 

I'm being facetious lol. I meant it as a punishment. 

Better yet, we'll annex him to Winnipeg for Chaz Lucius.

Haula still top 6 but it's nice to see that Lindy's giving Bahl-Severson another chance. Bahl's been good so far this season so you gotta give him a chance to redeem himself after last game. Just really, really wish we had someone better to pair with Okhotiuk. I don't like deploying Smith as the offensive defenseman of a pairing since, well, he's not good there lol.

Tatar-Hischier-Bratt
Mercer-Hughes-Holtz
Sharangovich-Haula-Boqvist
Wood-McLeod-Zetterlund

I think this would be ideal right now. I know Holtz hasn't done anything to earn top 6 minutes but he's just a top 6 or bust type of player so you can't keep putting him in the bottom 6 and expect him to play well. Put him next to Jack and let him rip it. Mercer is a good two way guy so he covers some potential warts. 

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Tatar-Hischier-Bratt
Mercer-Hughes-Holtz
Sharangovich-Haula-Boqvist
Wood-McLeod-Zetterlund

I think this would be ideal right now. I know Holtz hasn't done anything to earn top 6 minutes but he's just a top 6 or bust type of player so you can't keep putting him in the bottom 6 and expect him to play well. Put him next to Jack and let him rip it. Mercer is a good two way guy so he covers some potential warts. 

I'd put him and Rango on Hughes' wing. Hughes is going to carry the puck a ton anyway. 

Yeah, that line is going to get cratered here and there, but I'd just take my chances that Hughes is going to gain possession and keep it.