The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Haula still top 6 but it's nice to see that Lindy's giving Bahl-Severson another chance. Bahl's been good so far this season so you gotta give him a chance to redeem himself after last game. Just really, really wish we had someone better to pair with Okhotiuk. I don't like deploying Smith as the offensive defenseman of a pairing since, well, he's not good there lol.

Eventually a Okhotiuk / Nemec pairing could be pretty interesting (or Bahl / Nemec, but I'm not going to lie...think Okhotiuk may be the better prospect and player)

We need to trade one of these lefty defensemen. Vilen has been tremendous in Liiga as a 19 year old Dman and looks great in WJC. Playing 27 freaking minutes a night lol.  We signed him quickly after we drafted him, so clearly we are fans. I would expect him in Utica next year at the very least. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Eventually a Okhotiuk / Nemec pairing could be pretty interesting (or Bahl / Nemec, but I'm not going to lie...think Okhotiuk may be the better prospect and player)

I just like Bahl's range as a defender. He's a bottom pairing guy but you can't teach that height and reach.

Just now, Forge said:

We need to trade one of these lefty defensemen. Vilen has been tremendous in Liiga as a 19 year old Dman and looks great in WJC. We signed him quickly after we drafted him, so clearly we are fans. I would expect him in Utica next year. 

And Mookie's coming over next year too.

• Like 1

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Right, and I’m not anti Haula. I just don’t think he’s best suited to be on Hughes’ wing. You think they put Palat back there?

Yes, I do. 

Tatar has probably earned his spot in the top 6 (based on the current roster without adding a top 6 talent) when palat gets back, and he's been with Nico pretty much the entire year. 

So Imagine that Palat gets put on Hughes' line on the left.