The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The man just makes **** up rather than come out and say "my coaching decisions weren't good enough." Every time we lose, he puts so much blame on the players lol. Hockey coaches are some of the most stubborn guys around. 

I mean, there's just no real reason, as we've seen all year, why Miles Wood and Brendan Smith should be in the lineups. They're veterans and they've shown all year that they haven't done enough to earn this kind of leeway, especially Wood. Get Boqvist back on the damn ice too. 

100%. That man claimed that zetterlund wasn't performing and sat him for a huge stretch but has never sat wood in his life lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t dislike this . I love the 1st two lines . 

If we are benching Tatar, this is trying far too hard. If Tatar is playing, I would expect him on line 1 (which basically restructures this entire thing) or line 3 which probably removes Foote from the lineup while Wood continues to tank the 4th line.  

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we are benching Tatar, this is trying far too hard. If Tatar is playing, I would expect him on line 1 (which basically restructures this entire thing) or line 3 which probably removes Foote from the lineup while Wood continues to tank the 4th line.  

I was thinking he was hurt or getting another rest day . 

I really like the 3 lines diversity the way it is. I’d almost have Tatar take Wood’s spot on the 4th

5 hours ago, Forge said:

8 more games. 8 more games of Miles Wood and then he's no longer our problem. That's what I keep telling myself to get through this nonsense. Yes, I know the playoffs too but I'm going with the known quantity of games lol.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What do you guys make of this. I’ve personally thought he was much better in the beginning of the year. 

Good transition defender, not great in his own zone down low, but has an excellent stick in passing lanes, no offense. 

I don't love the GAR model because it produces some weird results. Marino is fine as a second pairing

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good transition defender, not great in his own zone down low, but has an excellent stick in passing lanes, no offense. 

I don't love the GAR model because it produces some weird results. Marino is fine as a second pairing

That’s something I noticed, how he’s not great down low. Probably why they have him with Graves. 

Put Foote in for Wood and let’s go

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s something I noticed, how he’s not great down low. Probably why they have him with Graves. 

Put Foote in for Wood and let’s go

Wood will never be benched. Just hope the team doesn't re-sign him and that's win enough