The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

Just going to say that the NHL scheduling can be idiotic at times. Back to back road games in less than 24 hours is particularly dumb. The devils got to their hotel at 3am last night and had to play another NHL game in 13 hours

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m actually fine with Bahl with Dougie. I think they’ll work great together and Jonas can help out Severson. 

I don’t get Meier on the 3rd line. 

I think that Ruff wants to keep the first line as it is and Jack + Timo was always a bad fit. I get that they wanted to try it first, but they are way too heavy in terms of shot quantity to work overly well together. Timo was working well enough with Nico and Mercer, but I think it wasn't any better than that line with Tatar, which means you're not really getting any value there. 

But the Haula / Boqvist / Timo thing hasn't been great yet. Very limited time together (Just 26 minutes), but they have less than half the goals scored when they are on ice and less than half the expected goals. 

I still like the idea of kicking Bratt with Timo and then maybe moving someone else up with Jack. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I think that Ruff wants to keep the first line as it is and Jack + Timo was always a bad fit. I get that they wanted to try it first, but they are way too heavy in terms of shot quantity to work overly well together. Timo was working well enough with Nico and Mercer, but I think it wasn't any better than that line with Tatar, which means you're not really getting any value there. 

But the Haula / Boqvist / Timo thing hasn't been great yet. Very limited time together (Just 26 minutes), but they have less than half the goals scored when they are on ice and less than half the expected goals. 

I still like the idea of kicking Bratt with Timo and then maybe moving someone else up with Jack. 

I’m just not a fan. Timo and Nico play well together. Just start it now. 

Meier-Nico-Bratt

Palat - Jack- Mercer

What do you think about Bahl and Dougie 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m just not a fan. Timo and Nico play well together. Just start it now. 

Meier-Nico-Bratt

Palat - Jack- Mercer

What do you think about Bahl and Dougie 

The thing is that Mercer and Jack haven't played well together either when they've been tried. I think Jack requires some very specific type of players at this point. That's why I almost like putting Jack with some of the left overs (maybe Haula and Palat) and putting Timo and Bratt on either side of Boqvist. 

I don't mind Bahl getting big boy minutes, not sure I love the pairing though. There's a major lack of foot speed there for sure.