The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Wonder how that changes long term plans. 

It doesn't. Once they committed to bringing back ruff, brunette was likely gone. I think the devils knew that. Basically, ruff became the long term plan

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

It doesn't. Once they committed to bringing back ruff, brunette was likely gone. I think the devils knew that. Basically, ruff became the long term plan

I’m not positive Ruff is a long term plan at coach. Maybe it’s a year by year thing. If we ‘underperform’ next year he could be done still 

30 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not positive Ruff is a long term plan at coach. Maybe it’s a year by year thing. If we ‘underperform’ next year he could be done still 

I doubt that he'd be gone in a year. He and Fitz are friends going back 30+ years.  Depends on how bad it is. The team loves ruff, which helps. In hockey 2 years is long term 😂

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt that he'd be gone in a year. He and Fitz are friends going back 30+ years.  Depends on how bad it is. The team loves ruff, which helps. In hockey 2 years is long term 😂

Right, it sounded like tbe original plan was to have Lindy in the FO. 

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do NHL teams get rid of coaches quicker than other sports and why do we see more re-trends for hires ( or so it seems ) 

The good old boys club is a very real thing in the NHL. It's super annoying. How good you are really doesn't matter. Guys like hynes or chia will always have jobs until they retire

On 5/30/2023 at 3:48 PM, Forge said:

This kid is interesting. He's got size and was really good for Slovakia. Was pretty good in limited time in the USHL and he's going to a legit program at Duluth. Would be a nice addition if we land him down the line.