The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I Don't think so. She works at EP though. Terrible look for that company that is supposed to be about hockey prospect evaluation. If anyone should be prone to non-hyperbolic statements concerning a single game, it should be them. 

Yep, she absolutely is friends/co-workers with Doerrie. She did a podcast with Doerrie episode on The Broadscast called Elite (Prospect) Vibes.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

lmfao

This is even funnier...

I don't necessarily like Steve in general but Doerrie going h2h with him won't work out for her. Steve actually puts the time in and does his work and stands by it. Doerrie's known more for controversies than her hockey knowledge.

It's not a shock that she's defending a friend that took an unnecessary shot at Luke. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This is even funnier...

I don't necessarily like Steve in general but Doerrie going h2h with him won't work out for her. Steve actually puts the time in and does his work and stands by it. Doerrie's known more for controversies than her hockey knowledge.

It's not a shock that she's defending a friend that took a shot an unnecessary shot at Luke. 

Seems to be her go to. Baseless, "oh yeah well I talked to a bunch of people who don't like you". It's basically the same thing that she did with Luke Hughes. I don't know anything about Lauren Kelly, but Rachel Doerrie really appears to be a drama inducing, toxic individual. It wouldn't speak well of Lauren to be in that friendship circle, but I don't want to draw that conclusion for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems to be her go to. Baseless, "oh yeah well I talked to a bunch of people who don't like you". It's basically the same thing that she did with Luke Hughes. I don't know anything about Lauren Kelly, but Rachel Doerrie comes really appears to be a drama inducing, toxic individual. It wouldn't speak well of Lauren to be in that friendship circle, but I don't want to draw that conclusion for sure. 

It doesn't speak well of her as a serious hockey "scout" to make a statement, add in characters to circumvent the search filters, then limit your replies and make posts on the same tweet saying you wanted to avoid the fan base like your a victim for your take and our fans are irrational either. Has nothing to do with her connection to Doerrie. The only reason her connection made sense is because of the entire way she went about expressing her "opinion."

Just now, beekay414 said:

It doesn't speak well of her as a serious hockey "scout" to make a statement, add in characters to circumvent the search filters, then limit your replies and make posts on the same tweet saying you wanted to avoid the fan base like your a victim for your take and our fans are irrational either. Has nothing to do with her connection to Doerrie. The only reason her connection made sense is because of the entire way she went about expressing her "opinion."

later on she said "bold of people to assume this is based on one game"

He had one of the most productive NCAA seasons for an 18 year old defensemen in history (side note...damn Adam Fox was good lol) and while this year hasn't been quite as good, he is stepping into a bigger role and new responsibilities. She's also an OHL scout for EP...how much Michigan Hockey is she watching? Everyone knows that he's not a great in zone defender. He never will be. He's probably going to be pretty similar to Quinn - maybe better, maybe worse...but they'll probably be similar in terms of style. What you really want to see from Luke is maybe good transition defense, but he's just never going to be that juggernaut in zone.

Just now, Forge said:

later on she said "bold of people to assume this is based on one game"

He had one of the most productive NCAA seasons for an 18 year old defensemen in history (side note...damn Adam Fox was good lol) and while this year hasn't been quite as good, he is stepping into a bigger role and new responsibilities. She's also an OHL scout for EP...how much Michigan Hockey is she watching? Everyone knows that he's not a great in zone defender. He never will be. He's probably going to be pretty similar to Quinn - maybe better, maybe worse...but they'll probably be similar in terms of style. What you really want to see from Luke is maybe good transition defense, but he's just never going to be that juggernaut in zone.

Does she ever go on and explain, in detail, why she thinks he "isn't good" or is that the last statement she made on it? Because she's taking this directly from the Doerrie playbook and then going full victim rather than expressing a full fledged opinion. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Does she ever go on and explain, in detail, why she thinks he "isn't good" or is that the last statement she made on it? Because she's taking this directly from the Doerrie playbook and then going full victim rather than expressing a full fledged opinion. 

Nope. Doerrie paybook through and through. 

I mean, she turned off the replies and had to alter spellings so the tweet wouldn't attract attention. 

Side note, love Cam Robinson...dude has to stop white knighting lol. Every time this something like this comes up, he allows for no room that maybe Rachel or Lauren or whomever else are out of pocket. He always targets the people going after them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Side note, love Cam Robinson...dude has to stop white knighting lol. Every time this something like this comes up, he allows for no room that maybe Rachel or Lauren or whomever else are out of pocket. He always targets the people going after them. 

Exactly. Annoys me every time I see him commenting on it. Just sit it out and be better for it. Attaching himself to these people only hurts him IMO.

• Like 1

What are we even doing here? Playing too well is not a problem lol 

Rybo

It's not going to stifle his long term development to get a handful of games. Nothing wrong with the 9 game tryout during a period where Marino may be out long term.
Problem there is if he plays well you cant send him down

Probably best to not even try it unless youre willing to burn that ELC year