GDT: Green Bay (5-5) at Pittsburgh (8-2)

Livewire

21 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I guess this has more to do with JuJu being out than it does about Watson. We need someone to return kicks.

a guy who by now runs at best a 4.7 40 at KR against a team whose kicker is over 50% TB and averages 23.x yards a return   . that's worth a roster move.

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

that game might be my fav regular season win in Heinz field ..sucks that 09 team was so bad in the 4th(missing troy). think they could of done some damage in the playoffs.

There were some hideous losses in the middle of that season IIRC.

So a Mike Tomlin interview is going to air tonight, if it already hasn't. One in which he apparently tells Tony Dungy that the team should win it all. He then goes onto to add the obvious caveat that it doesn't mean they'll do it. But, it's just the sort of thing that makes me ask why. He admits that the Patriots are the "elephant the room."

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Tomlin walks it like a crippled drunk at times.

12 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

So a Mike Tomlin interview is going to air tonight, if it already hasn't. One in which he apparently tells Tony Dungy that the team should win it all. He then goes onto to add the obvious caveat that it doesn't mean they'll do it. But, it's just the sort of thing that makes me ask why. He admits that the Patriots are the "elephant the room."

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Tomlin walks it like a crippled drunk at times.

that interview shows everything wrong with Tomlin as a coach and why this team always underachieves.

1) entitlement/arrogance

2) confirms his pressers are "for the team"  - therefore so that whole nonsense like "we do what we do" actually has meaning (unlike what posters here have claimed)

3) taking teams for granted/looking ahead.

Careful, Tony. People don't like comparing Rex to Mike even though Rex beat the Pats in the playoffs twice.

Tomlin is typically a steady captain. He's a good enough football coach who has benefited quite a bit from the stability around him. I'm absolutely fine with Tomlin talking. He had just better back it up this year. Because this team is talented enough to win it all, and we haven't even come close to seeing the best they can be. Which is the problem. The Steelers are far more likely to lay an egg sometime between now and the end of the season than NE. His teams have never finished better than 13-2. Last years winning streak to end the year and into the playoffs was the best he's had.

Tomlin, to me, is setting his own expectations here. If it blows up in his face, I don't want to hear any criticism of those who throw it back in his face. He'll have earned it. I'll end the conversation there.

17 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Sounds like a "We're going to unleash hell here in December" moment.  Confidence is good - one reason his teams win a lot of games, but given where we are in the season, not so smart.  

Archived