2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

21 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Do I think it’s possible - definitely! Evero was already getting interviews and Wilks was an interim HC and made the panthers look good (moderately) without CMC. 

Yes, we’ll get a comp pick for Lynn if he leaves unless there’s a cap on comp picks lol 

You only get comp picks for HC or GM hirings. And they have to have spend at least 2 years with the team. Both wouldn't go up for Lynn.

Edited by Justone2

6 minutes ago, struby3 said:

We will not get a comp pick for Lynn unless he gets a head coaching position. You don't get comp picks for assistants leaving for coordinator positions.

I don’t think we would even get one then, I thought they had to have at least two accrued seasons with the team to be eligible. Is that I correct?

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I don’t think we would even get one then, I thought they had to have at least two accrued seasons with the team to be eligible. Is that I correct?

Correct, yes. I meant if he stays this upcoming year too. I don't think there has been any talk of him as a HC candidate this offseason.

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

Am I leaving someone out or are 3 of the 4 current black head coaches from Shanny the last three years? 

Bowles and Tomlin are not from Kyle's tree. McDaniel and Ryans are from Shanny. As he is Lebanese, I wouldn't really consider Saleh black, but that is a technicality. The sixth minority head coach is Rivera, who is not Kyle's tree.

2 hours ago, straighthate said:

Am I leaving someone out or are 3 of the 4 current black head coaches from Shanny the last three years? 

Don't know who your 4th guy was, but Tomlin and Bowles aren't from Shanahan. 

EDIT: Whoops, someone already clarified. Didn't see that. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

43 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Bowles and Tomlin are not from Kyle's tree. McDaniel and Ryans are from Shanny. As he is Lebanese, I wouldn't really consider Saleh black, but that is a technicality. The sixth minority head coach is Rivera, who is not Kyle's tree.

Technically it's diversity candidates, like non-white coaches, so McDaniel, even though he looks white, he has black/african American in him, not sure what Saleh is, but 3 of his coaches hired are diverse candidates or were I should say, and all 3 well deserving IMO.

34 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Don't know who your 4th guy was, but Tomlin and Bowles aren't from Shanahan. 

EDIT: Whoops, someone already clarified. Didn't see that. 

I forgot about Bowles. I was thinking Saleh, McDaniel, and Ryan’s. Thought Saleh was black. Was thinking Saleh, McDaniel, Ryans and Tomlin were the 4 as of now. 

Seeing how we like to draft 2 years in advance; Kyle doesn’t like to place rookies into the starting lineup are we going to draft Trent’s possible replacement this year? 

I also wonder what our oline is going to look like next year because I know there was praise for Poe and Zakelj during training camp/preseason. Have 

Williams-Banks-Zakelj-Poe-Burford 

or

Williams-Banks-Poe/Zakelj-Burford-McKivitz 

Saw rumors stating we may want to get Juwan Taylor as a possible RT replacement. Trying to get into Lynch’s head for this upcoming offseason. We know they like to splurge in the draft for dline, but oline are more later picks. 

Edited by StevenK

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I hope the Niners hire Evero, if the Broncos move in another direction. He coached with the Niners for 5 years too and is probably the 2nd best DC on the market after Fangio

I like Evero or Wilks. Wilks is a good DB coach (from my understanding) and I would love to see what he could possibly do for our guys. Lenoir is starting to get more confident. I’m excited to see Womack next year and I hope Mosley comes back healthy. Ambry feels like a lost cause.