2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

Just now, Forge said:

Ran Carthon hired as GM of Titans. 2 comp picks for us

Just have to hope Ryans stays put so we can have two more picks next  year. Honestly its kinda crazy how many picks we already have gotten from this new policy. These are picks 6 and 7 i believe.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ran Carthon hired as GM of Titans. 2 comp picks for us

Gives us potentially 10 picks for the 2023 draft.

3 3rd round comp picks(McDaniel, Mayhew/Saleh, & Carthon)

Own 5th, MIA 5th, Comp 5th(DJ Jones), Comp 6th(Arden Key), DEN 7th, Own 7th, Comp 7th(K'Waun Williams)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Just have to hope Ryans stays put so we can have two more picks next  year. Honestly its kinda crazy how many picks we already have gotten from this new policy. These are picks 6 and 7 i believe.

Yes, need Ryans to stay, 1. because Idk who takes his place, and 2. because we can't get 4 total, we'd get 3.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I had the same thought. Losing DeMeco means that we will not get an extra third this year, but rather in 2025? 

If he leaves next year, then we would get two picks, one in 24 and one in 25, in addition to the third we get from Ran in 2024 (and obviously the one for this season).

Huge difference there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

I had the same thought. Losing DeMeco means that we will not get an extra third this year, but rather in 2025? 

If he leaves next year, then we would get two picks, one in 24 and one in 25, in addition to the third we get from Ran in 2024 (and obviously the one for this season).

Huge difference there. 

Correct

Updated pick projections, remember that these can change, also the comp picks could very well end up being 6th rd picks(the 7th's), as we were projected to get 2 7th's last year, those became 2 6ths, don't know why.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/01/23/post-divisional-round-look-at-the-49ers-projected-2023-draft-picks/

Also here's something interesting, that I didn't know, still trying to vet it, make sure it's right, but Joel Corry of CBS Sports says Garoppolo earned $500K for the team making the playoffs, and because Jimmy playtime was 50% or more.

12 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Updated pick projections, remember that these can change, also the comp picks could very well end up being 6th rd picks(the 7th's), as we were projected to get 2 7th's last year, those became 2 6ths, don't know why.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/01/23/post-divisional-round-look-at-the-49ers-projected-2023-draft-picks/

Also here's something interesting, that I didn't know, still trying to vet it, make sure it's right, but Joel Corry of CBS Sports says Garoppolo earned $500K for the team making the playoffs, and because Jimmy playtime was 50% or more.

I wonder what the chances of this team finding another star in the mid to late rounds of this draft? They have 11 chances (barring trades) to do it. They've hit on so much after the 3rd round pretty consistently. 

At this point, I'm more excited about day 3 of the draft than I am with day 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Get Rodgers or Brady. How many more years of **** QB play are we going to watch? Stacked team after team always coming up short because of the QB

I've been saying that since Steve Young days. But I don't have any confidence in Tom Brady anymore and not sure what Rodgers can do. Find out if Trey Lance is the guy or not or if it's Purdy.

• Like 1