2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, I mentioned this during the season and first heard Sherman talk about it and how the fans have no idea what Ryans is asking from them. Ryans preferred Hufanga go for the big play and if he didn't get the tackle, someone would be behind to clean up the mess. Now, he still misses routine tackles at times that he should not but it is clear he is told to just pin his ears back and go try to make a play at or behind the LOS. 

Honestly would be interesting to see a chart of where the team missed most of their tackles. I am pretty sure its like 80% behind or at the LOS. 

• Like 2

Interesting question, but I'm not sure if I would do it....And it's not because I don't think Jackson is awesome, but he's starting to get banged up more and has missed 10 games the last two seasons. But then again, he is only 26 years old and would have far more talent on this team than he's ever had...So yeah, I would probably do the trade as well lol.

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting question, but I'm not sure if I would do it....And it's not because I don't think Jackson is awesome, but he's starting to get banged up more and has missed 10 games the last two seasons. But then again, he is only 26 years old and would have far more talent on this team than he's ever had...So yeah, I would probably do the trade as well lol.

No, but I'd do it with Warner(or any other defensive player on our roster) instead of Bosa

9 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

No, but I'd do it with Warner(or any other defensive player on our roster) instead of Bosa

Considering a few years ago I was on the Warner being more important for this defense than Bosa train....I disagree lol.

Bosa just has more value than Warner so I don't think the Ravens would settle for this type of trade without Bosa being involved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Considering a few years ago I was on the Warner being more important for this defense than Bosa train....I disagree lol.

Bosa just has more value than Warner so I don't think the Ravens would settle for this type of trade without Bosa being involved. 

Plus they have Roquan Smith signed to a long term deal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, most certainly not. But I wouldn't give up Bosa unless it was to get a Mahomes/Burrow/Allen level of QB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've kicked around something similar in my head, like Bosa + Lance for Lamar + Oweh. 

But I'm not sure I'm a big enough believer in Lamar long term to make the commitment to him. I think Lamar is great....and vastly underrated. But people who thought he was going to have trouble staying healthy...well, that is starting to pop up. 

• Like 1

Ok, I'm looking at the 49 players currently signed, plus the 3 RFAs who should be tendered, this is how I view the roster right now, either locks, or guys who have an inside track.

QB: Purdy(If surgery goes well), & Lance

RB: CMC, Mitchell, Mason, & TDP

FB: Juice

WR: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jauan, Ray-Ray, & Gray

TE: Kittle

Zakelj, & Poe

LG: Banks

RG: Burford

LT: Trent

RT: McKivitz, & Moore

DE: Bosa, & Jackson

DT: Armstead, Kinlaw, & Givens

NT: Davis

LB: Fred, Dre, Burks, Flannigan-Fowles, & McCrary-Ball

CB: Mooney, Lenoir, Womack, Ambry, & Knight

S: Hufanga, & Odum

ST: Wish, & Pepper

That's 40 players, leaving at least 13 spots open for FAs & Draft Picks, clearly we need an upgrade at RT(McGlinchey, McGary, etc...), EDGE(Omenihu, Ebukam, Yannick, Willis, Hyder, Zach Allen, etc...) & IDL(Ridgeway, Javon Hargrave? Matt Ionnaidis?) depth, #2 CB(Moseley or someone like Byron Murphy, or Cameron Sutton), 3rd QB(Ryan, Brissett, Mariota, Winston?), FS(Bates, Gardner-Johnson, Ward?), C(Brendel, Brunskill?), PK(Matt Gay, Eddy Piniero? or a rook) seems like the team doesn't have many holes, but still can use a couple playmakers from FA.

I'm so ready for Monday to get here already, I've finally put the NFCCG behind me, now move onto 2023.

Edited by 49erscap
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Bosa was moved this defense would fall off quickly. 

It didn't fall off in 2020. 

I think it would still be good but we will need to get a solid edge rusher or two. Does not need to be a superstar or anything, just a solid edge rusher that can bring some consistent heat. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not even fkn close for Lamar. I wouldn't do Bosa straight up for Lamar. Jonnyguy and 49ersfan had the list right. Lamar is a tier (or two) below them. Fantasy football is not NFL football.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I've kicked around something similar in my head, like Bosa + Lance for Lamar + Oweh. 

But I'm not sure I'm a big enough believer in Lamar long term to make the commitment to him. I think Lamar is great....and vastly underrated. But people who thought he was going to have trouble staying healthy...well, that is starting to pop up. 

The staying healthy thing is one thing. But another is that the reason that Lamar is worth the value to your football team is that he can deliver a top 10 offense without a heck of a lot of spending around him. Run blocking offensive lines, tight ends, and running backs are cheap. As long as you do better than Baltimore did at wide receiver, you’re golden. That’s why I think that some of these teams without a lot going for them should jump on the Lamar train and finance a really expensive shiny defense. 

• Like 3