2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it looks like the surgery was the one they initially anticipated and not the "hybrid" surgery.

Looks like he will at least have a chance to be ready at some point in training camp if all goes well. 

Yeah, I think he'll be the starter in week one if the recovery goes well. 

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think he'll be the starter in week one if the recovery goes well. 

I still think he'll start the season on the PUP.

I think they should take it slow let him ease his way back. Missing the first four weeks or so of the season wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I still think he'll start the season on the PUP.

I think they should take it slow let him ease his way back. Missing the first four weeks or so of the season wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

Also unnecessary if he's ready to go. He'll be throwing in three months, so there won't be any arm fatigue or anything like that. Players sit preseason and camp all the time. I'm not even sure he can't practice in the meantime (if he can, I believe that makes him ineligible for PUP regardless). 

Obviously they will evaluate him as they go along, but if he's perfectly cleared before week 1, I think they'll probably roll with him to start the season. 

Great news for Purdy. IF he's healthy i don't think Shanny will hesitate to start him Week 1 either. Jimmy G didn't have an offseason and rehabbed an injury and took over Week 2, having his best year in the process. 

But we've seen players have longer than normal recoveries before, so I still wouldn't be surprised if Lance starts at least for the first couple of games. He'll have to ball out to keep his job though

I'll be interested to see the tier of QB we add. Any QB we sign in FA has potential to be both the starter or the 3rd string QB in Week 1 lol

15 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Great news for Purdy. IF he's healthy i don't think Shanny will hesitate to start him Week 1 either. Jimmy G didn't have an offseason and rehabbed an injury and took over Week 2, having his best year in the process. 

Yep, and I am very much of the opinion that regardless of what I think of the process, Shanny and Lynch and  the niners consider Purdy QB1. He's the starter. So if he's healthy and good to go, he's the man week 1. 

2 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Have we done any restructures yet? I have not read anything yet.

No, not yet, probably will hear them either Monday, or Wednesday before the new league year begins, need to be cap compliant by 4pm eastern Wednesday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

No, not yet, probably will hear them either Monday, or Wednesday before the new league year begins, need to be cap compliant by 4pm eastern Wednesday.

Yeah agreed, we are already under the cap so while we see a bunch of teams already doing restructures, it’s simply to get under the cap. We don’t need to do that 

starting Monday is the earliest you will see movement from the niners, simply because that’s the start of FA legal tampering and I think it will be quit telling in regards to what we are going to do in FA when we see those restructures start happening.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

If he gets offers he deserves i don't think we can compete really. Like you have to make choices and with Kocurek and the FO we have i have full confidence we can find and develop guys on the D-Line.

Look at my tcmd signings on the defensive line 😂 pretty sure that's how it going to be

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Look at my tcmd signings on the defensive line 😂 pretty sure that's how it going to be

Yeah think you have done a pretty decent job all things considered though. Especially with how high the value's where on those spots. And man i already hated the wait between my first and third i can't imagine having to wait tillt he end of the third before you can pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah think you have done a pretty decent job all things considered though. Especially with how high the value's where on those spots. And man i already hated the wait between my first and third i can't imagine having to wait tillt he end of the third before you can pick.

It's killing me. Even more so because my primary targets that I thought would be there didn't even come close to making it the lol