Bears hire Kevin Warren as new CEO/President

beardown3231

Here's a question. We have talked about what Poles was thinking in regards to Fields, saying Fields wasn't picked by him so he may not be "his guy."

What kind of slack do you think Poles and Eberflus get from Warren if he is hired? Clearly this year sucks but it was a tank year, and Poles did a good job of getting out of the most expensive deals. But if we end up 6-11 next year does Warren go after his own guys or make them tie themselves to Fields? Either he thrives or Warren finds someone who can develop a rookie.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Here's a question. We have talked about what Poles was thinking in regards to Fields, saying Fields wasn't picked by him so he may not be "his guy."

What kind of slack do you think Poles and Eberflus get from Warren if he is hired? Clearly this year sucks but it was a tank year, and Poles did a good job of getting out of the most expensive deals. But if we end up 6-11 next year does Warren go after his own guys or make them tie themselves to Fields? Either he thrives or Warren finds someone who can develop a rookie.

I think he basically sees it as a fresh start for everyone…3/4 years would be my guess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I’ve thought about that.  Depends on the role of the new CEO and how hands-on he wants to be with the football operations, but Poles/Flus’ leashes could get a significantly shorter the day the new CEO is hired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’ve thought about that.  Depends on the role of the new CEO and how hands-on he wants to be with the football operations, but Poles/Flus’ leashes could get a significantly shorter the day the new CEO is hired.

If the new Pres is any good he’ll know that repeated change is going to stunt growth for his young QB. 

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So you're saying we need to steal Ryan Day? 🤔 

Ryan Day is another disappointing season from being fired at Ohio State. Pass

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Warren will be like Phillips. He'll be on the business side. That's how the Bears operate. Their GM is their head of football ops

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Ryan Day is another disappointing season from being fired at Ohio State. Pass

Warren will be like Phillips. He'll be on the business side. That's how the Bears operate. Their GM is their head of football ops

Phillips was involved in plenty of GM searches. It’s not too far-fetched to think Warren will have the power to hire his own guy if he wants to. 

9 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Phillips was involved in plenty of GM searches. It’s not too far-fetched to think Warren will have the power to hire his own guy if he wants to. 

I never said far fetched nor that he will be involved, but Phillips was just another guy in the interview room. When this is your structure, that happens. I guess my point is Phillips never WANTED HIS GUYS. Warren likely won't have that same power

On 12/29/2022 at 7:22 PM, Madmike90 said:

… which includes a real estate development called Viking Lakes. That last point is notable, because the Bears’ development plans around their proposed new stadium in Arlington Heights includes an extensive real estate development. If he joined the Bears, Warren would instantly become the most qualified individual in the organization to lead the team’s stadium project …

The bold part is something that I didn't come across when looking into Warren at first but it is of massive importance given the McCaskey's don't have other business interests like most owners...if they can get into the real estate game and develop the land around the stadium it could generate millions in sales and rentals and provide an additional revenue stream which along with a first class stadium that could attract all sorts of events would put us on par with just about any other franchise when it comes to spending power.

Good call-out. I have been geeking out over this point for the last year. I live about 10 minutes from Viking Lakes and I can tell you that it’s amazing. Check it out here: https://www.explorevikinglakes.com/

Where VL is 200 acres, the Arlington Heights parcel is 326, and the Bears have similar aspirations. See what they say about it: https://www.chicagobears.com/arlington-park/

For that reason alone, Warren makes total sense, but as previously articulated, he is the total package. I think he’d be a slam dunk hire.

Edited by IotaNet
  • Like 2

I admittedly dont know what makes a good President/CEO of a football franchise, but Ive just never really liked Kevin Warren. But then again, maybe thats a good thing in that role? 

I know he's mostly being hired to be the Captain to steer the New Stadium Ship. I just hope thats what hes focused on, while we let the Football people do their job