Better Peak Larry Fitzgerald V Sterling Sharpe

mdonnelly21

Better Peak  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Better Peak

• Sterling Sharpe
    • Larry Fitzgerald

I honestly think that Fitzgerald’s prime was a bit disappointing. Expectations were really high...but he never put up a 1500 yard season. He was consistently great for a very long-time...but he was never a juggernaut like Moss, Owens, Harrison, Johnson, or even Brown. 

Sterling had a very similar prime...yet in an era less dominated by passing. 

On 11/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I honestly think that Fitzgerald’s prime was a bit disappointing. Expectations were really high...but he never put up a 1500 yard season. He was consistently great for a very long-time...but he was never a juggernaut like Moss, Owens, Harrison, Johnson, or even Brown. 

Sterling had a very similar prime...yet in an era less dominated by passing. 

Owens never had a 1500 yard season. Neither did Sharpe, who the thread is about.

Sharpe was basically Andre Johnson before Andre Johnson was in high school, with an actual QB throwing him the ball. He was incredibly physical, had breakaway speed in the open field, ram some sick routes and had some good hands to rely on. 

Shannon Sharpe always said his brother was the more talented of the two, and Sharpe was a HoF caliber player in his own right. Might be lip service, but worth noting...

12 hours ago, El ramster said:

Honestly no one here saw Sharpe play.. The answer is Larry no matter what.. 

I did and Sterling was a beast (hell, I saw the Lombardi Packers play!).  For a couple of years he was all we had at WR.  I rarely saw him drop a pass that hit him in the hands.   Unfortunately for him and the Packers his career was cut short by a neck injury.

46 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I did and Sterling was a beast (hell, I saw the Lombardi Packers play!).  For a couple of years he was all we had at WR.  I rarely saw him drop a pass that hit him in the hands.   Unfortunately for him and the Packers his career was cut short by a neck injury.

Remember the Dennis Hopper commercials?

"He's like a freight train...with Stick'um!"

Archived