How many more chances does Ron get to hit on a QB?

turtle28

Ron has had 6 chances to find a starting QB, how many more chances?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many more chances with Ron get to find a franchise QB?

• One
    • Two
    • Threw
    • None

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I love it when we declare something like this. It makes it so obvious that it is "the Redskins way" when it eventually happens and backfires. 

You think a new owner is going to let a lame duck coach strap this franchise to two more years of high pay to a lame duck QB?  If we cut Carson Wentz right now or didn't pick up his option who is signing him for $27M?

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You think a new owner is going to let a lame duck coach strap this franchise to two more years of high pay to a lame duck QB?  If we cut Carson Wentz right now or didn't pick up his option who is signing him for $27M?

You think a first time owner is going to come in and assume they know how  to run a professional football franchise and just fire everyone? I think we are looking at 1 more year of Rivera and Co, at minimum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

You think a first time owner is going to come in and assume they know how  to run a professional football franchise and just fire everyone? I think we are looking at 1 more year of Rivera and Co, at minimum.

Been my claim all along. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I didn’t say Rivera was fired. I said they aren’t picking up Wentz option. You assumed the rest. I do believe however Rivera is fired after next season. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I didn’t say Rivera was fired. I said they aren’t picking up Wentz option. You assumed the rest. I do believe however Rivera is fired after next season. 

Again... you think Ron Rivera, who has already said they don't plan on bringing in another veteran QB and beat the table for Carson Wentz, is going to admit he was wrong and cut ties? It is far more likely that he is extended IMO. Not that I want it to happen, but if Wentz plays well the last two weeks and in the post season, it's an almost certainty IMO.

TL:DR version: best way to get rid of Wentz is a new coaching staff. Since Ron and Co. will most likely be here next year, I would expect Wentz too.

Edited by Slappy Mc

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Again... you think Ron Rivera, who has already said they don't plan on bringing in another veteran QB and beat the table for Carson Wentz, is going to admit he was wrong and cut ties? It is far more likely that he is extended IMO. Not that I want it to happen, but if Wentz plays well the last two weeks and in the post season, it's an almost certainty IMO.

Oh I have no doubts Ron Rivera wants to bring him back. I’ve been saying that. However, if there’s a new owner I don’t believe he’ll be allowed to do so. Now you can disagree with that and that’s fine but I cannot fathom a new owner coming in and paying Wentz nearly $30M a year for the next two years to basically be another Heinicke. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh I have no doubts Ron Rivera wants to bring him back. I’ve been saying that. However, if there’s a new owner I don’t believe he’ll be allowed to do so. Now you can disagree with that and that’s fine but I cannot fathom a new owner coming in and paying Wentz nearly $30M a year for the next two years to basically be another Heinicke. 

Pretty sure Carsons contract would command less per year when extended/renegotiated, but I agree that 30M a year is too much for the player Carson is now. 

On 12/30/2022 at 3:38 PM, lavar703 said:

We won’t have a new owner in March.