Other Games - WK 12

Hunter2_1

6 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

And a touchdown. Pretty decent first drive on a short field. I'm interested in seeing how the rest of the season pans out. Niners may regret giving him a chance to shine and showcase himself but probably moot with the franchise tag.

Can't tell much from that limited sample, but as niners fans, we were happy. On that touchdown pass, he scanned the entire field, which was wonderful to see after the litany of guys we have run out there that can't read more than half the field. He looked smooth back there as well, I'll give him that. He's got the fans a little excited to watch next week. I don't expect much...but I'm just hoping for a reason to hope, so if he can do that, I'm happy. 

10 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

Are the Chargers favourites in the West now?  They're the only team to have started 0-4 and made the playoffs before. That week fifteen bout in Kansas City looms large - may well be the decider.

Crazy to think, isn't it. After the way KC put the boot into us.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Can't tell much from that limited sample, but as niners fans, we were happy. On that touchdown pass, he scanned the entire field, which was wonderful to see after the litany of guys we have run out there that can't read more than half the field. He looked smooth back there as well, I'll give him that. He's got the fans a little excited to watch next week. I don't expect much...but I'm just hoping for a reason to hope, so if he can do that, I'm happy. 

Definitely an actual QB. Smart, goes through progressions. Sometimes he forces the ball in, but more often than not, he makes intelligent decisions.

9 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I love redzone. Made sure I saw Garoppolo's first play as a niner - a scramble. I'll advised with a minute left perhaps and the game lost. Also - has Bortles turned the corner or is it just poor opposition the last few weeks?

Okay I may have been premature on Bortles. I suppose redzone has a habit of accentuating the highs and the lows. I was in bed by the time the latter came. 

Archived