Official 2023 RB Thread

tyler735

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Bijan getting overhyped? I get that maybe it's a slightly weaker RB class, and I do think he's very talented, but I never saw the comparisons or dominance to Saquan, Zeke, to get him to go Top 5. 

I’ve never seen him projected to be picked top 5? I’ve seen mid to late 20’s.

35 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’ve never seen him projected to be picked top 5? I’ve seen mid to late 20’s.

I wouldn't say I've seen a lot of "main" sites put him there, but the secondary ones there were a couple. And 5 might have been a little ambitious on my part. Call it Top 10. Could have been earlier too. I'm doing digging again and don't really see it, but I swear I used to. 

To me, Bijan seems like a great pick for a team like Dallas if/when Zeke gets cut and they don't re-sign Pollard ~Pick 27...or Buffalo at Pick 28. Perhaps a team like Houston at 12 makes some sense as well, especially with the Texas connection. Who knows what Tampa Bay does with the TB12 retirement, but their running game was horrendous as well.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't say I've seen a lot of "main" sites put him there, but the secondary ones there were a couple. And 5 might have been a little ambitious on my part. Call it Top 10. Could have been earlier too. I'm doing digging again and don't really see it, but I swear I used to. 

I saw one the other day that gave him to Arizona.  And yeah, that's nuts.  He shouldn't go in the top half IMO.  And I agree the tape doesn't make him look physically dominant like a RB needs to be to be worth taking that high.

• Like 1

Bijan is a stud in the making. He's good at everything. I wouldn't fault a team for taking him in the top 10. I don't think he's generational, but if you told me that he was the #1 rated player on the board based purely on rating and not positional importance, I would say you're probably right. Factoring in positional importance/saturation of the market, yeah I think that clearly pushes him down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Bijan is a stud in the making. He's good at everything. I wouldn't fault a team for taking him in the top 10. I don't think he's generational, but if you told me that he was the #1 rated player on the board based purely on rating and not positional importance, I would say you're probably right. Factoring in positional importance/saturation of the market, yeah I think that clearly pushes him down.

Eh, I don't think he comes close to stacking up to Jalen Carter or Will Anderson.  I'm not sure he's better than some of the OLs either.

But reasonable minds may differ.

5 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I feel like Roshon Johnson is going to hang around the league for a long time.

I think he'll more than  hang around. He looks to me like a very good NFL starter. The only thing he lacks is real homerun speed. Violent as can be as a runner, plays with elite pad height and patience, and has demonstrated some decent hands coming out of the backfield. He's gonna be a bell cow for someone I think.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Eh, I don't think he comes close to stacking up to Jalen Carter or Will Anderson.  I'm not sure he's better than some of the OLs either.

OL's? I hate this OL class aside from some of the C prospects. The OT's are bad (IMO) and the G's might be even worse. There are like 4 OG's that I think could be starters in this class. It seems bleak to me.

• Like 1