Official 2023 RB Thread

tyler735

51 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

We've been here all along with Williams and Perine free agents and Mixon declining (even without the noise) on a 12 mill/year deal.  

Well, you're more in this thread now lol. 

I want them to retain Perine as I don't think he's a feature back but certainly a nice addition to have back there. I was under the impression they would as well but you might be more in tune w/ that than I am

52 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I wouldn’t expect 5-6 years out of a good young RB prospect. Expecting it out of a guy that is 25 years old is really optimistic. I’d be happy to get 3-4 years out of him. 

Even if it's just 4 years of good production, I'd gladly take that. In some ways it's even better that way. Can draft a guy that should be able to produce right away as a rookie. Run him into the ground and not overpay on a RB for a 2nd contract, which more often than not doesn't work out for teams. I'd love for the Saints to grab him in the mid rounds if available. 

54 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yep uninformed to think just now the Bengals would be in on RB’s.

It's not uninformed. Everyone can have a difference of opinion on what they were going to do. Mixon is/was still completely capable of running the show and is only going into his 7th year in the league. Still under contract for 2 more years as well. Not like you need to draft RBs and let them develop as they're usually plug and play. If they didn't retain Perine, yes, they are in the market but no one is to say they weren't planning on it. Now w/ all the **** Mixon is going through, it's likely he won't be around next year so yes, odds are he will be removed from the team putting them in dire need for the position when before it was only a potential need

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Well, you're more in this thread now lol. 

I want them to retain Perine as I don't think he's a feature back but certainly a nice addition to have back there. I was under the impression they would as well but you might be more in tune w/ that than I am

FYI  It was the house sitter who saw a bunch of kids playing with nerf guns in the late night and fired out of fear.  One kid grazed in foot.  

Mixon had nothing to do with it, but he still carries a 12 mill salary into a season where Joey B and Tee need extensions.  Redone deal still feels most likely, but these things can't keep popping up

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

FYI  It was the house sitter who saw a bunch of kids playing with nerf guns in the late night and fired out of fear.  One kid grazed in foot.  

Mixon had nothing to do with it, but he still carries a 12 mill salary into a season where Joey B and Tee need extensions.  Redone deal still feels most likely, but these things can't keep popping up

Has that been confirmed already? 

Yeah, his salary will likely have to be converted to free to space but I think he will be a Bengal next year assuming what you're saying is true. Tee and Joe are immensely more valuable though, definitely agreed

53 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Has that been confirmed already? 

Yeah, his salary will likely have to be converted to free to space but I think he will be a Bengal next year assuming what you're saying is true. Tee and Joe are immensely more valuable though, definitely agreed

Not officially, but people close to it are the ones saying it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I have a starting grade on Jarek Broussard. He's small, but is incredibly elusive and hard to hit. I think he's arguably the most underrated player in this class.

He'd be an extreme outlier physically if he were successful.  Misses on quite a few thresholds.