BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

25 minutes ago, Jlash said:

yea well.. Treylon Burks had 444 yards and got brain damage on his TD catch and looks like he'll be in one of the worst offenses in the league again with awful QB play for the foreseeable future. Beat that fellas.

Maybe they go out and sign Baker Mayfield...I'm sure him and Mike Vrabel coexist really well...

Just now, Blue said:

Cardinals firing Kliff Kingsbury less than a year after giving him a contract extension is incompetent NFL team ownership at its finest

I'm stunned this happened considering the QB he was tied to needed a homework clause.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Kingsbury out. I wonder who is taking that job in that division. I'm sure someone will talk themselves into it, because there are only 32 of those jobs out there.

Division really isn';t that bad

Carroll is gonna retire soon/Seattle isn't that good anyhow and the Rams are about to be a dumpster fire

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Cardinals firing Kliff Kingsbury less than a year after giving him a contract extension is incompetent NFL team ownership at its finest

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm stunned this happened considering the QB he was tied to needed a homework clause.

I just read that apparently the longest tenured HC in Cardinals history is SIX YEARS.

32 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Carroll is gonna retire soon/Seattle isn't that good anyhow and the Rams are about to be a dumpster fire

Fair enough

I think the jury is still out on L.A. pending Stafford's health and whether or not they're able to add some pieces here and there. If they wanted to, they could do a "mini rebuild" by trading off some pieces here and there with some of their top end talent.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think the jury is still out on L.A. pending Stafford's health and whether or not they're able to add some pieces here and there. If they wanted to, they could do a "mini rebuild" by trading off some pieces here and there with some of their top end talent.

Given his last several years in Detroit, I don't think Stafford's health is a question mark. It's a known issue.

Aaron Donald is likely retiring soon and I think the expectation is McVay is going into TV work sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Given his last several years in Detroit, I don't think Stafford's health is a question mark. It's a known issue.

Aaron Donald is likely retiring soon and I think the expectation is McVay is going into TV work sooner rather than later.

Right, but if all of that happens, I think you'll see them start to sell of some pieces to go into a rebuild. If all of those guys retire, you'll at least see some major cap start to free up, even sans draft picks.

Seattle may not be great, but they aren't awful either.

I don't foresee SF going anywhere for a while.

I mean, it's not like we're talking about the AFC or NFC South here.

And you HAVE TO salvage Kyler Murray if you take the job, so there's that.

59 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think Carroll stays for a couple more years.  They have a good foundation and are in a position to get their QBOTF this year.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Wilson and Olave both went over 1,000K yesterday. Imagine what they'd do/have done with legitimate quarterbacks throwing them the ball.

Fwiw Dalton was actually decent this year. I watched too many Saints games because they kept ending up on tv over here and he actually moved the ball reasonably well. Plus he's proven he can get his no.1 guy the ball pretty well - look at the numbers AJ Green put up for near a decade.

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

yea well.. Treylon Burks had 444 yards and got brain damage on his TD catch and looks like he'll be in one of the worst offenses in the league again with awful QB play for the foreseeable future. Beat that fellas.

I raise you one Justyn Ross

53 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Fwiw Dalton was actually decent this year. I watched too many Saints games because they kept ending up on tv over here and he actually moved the ball reasonably well. Plus he's proven he can get his no.1 guy the ball pretty well - look at the numbers AJ Green put up for near a decade.

I mean, he was under 3,000 yards in 14 games. That’s pretty subpar.