BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

So I would like some clarification. If a player is an RFA but sign a new extension before you RFA tag them do they now have to be a 3up or can they still be tagged as a RFA by us?

They can be tagged as an RFA. There's nothing in the rules saying otherwise.

• Like 1

So question that I would just like confirmed. I was told that players from the 2018 draft and earlier were not eligible for 5th year option extensions because, I believe, you guys didn't make the rule until the year after. Just wanted to confirm if this is the case or not.

26 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So question that I would just like confirmed. I was told that players from the 2018 draft and earlier were not eligible for 5th year option extensions because, I believe, you guys didn't make the rule until the year after. Just wanted to confirm if this is the case or not.

If a player is signed to a 5th year option IRL, and they're an UFA for you now, you can sign them to an 5th year option. Don't see why you couldn't, as long as they meet the requirements.

edit: Although people from the 2018 class would've played on their 5th year options in 2022. So not sure how many of those guys apply.

Edited by Jlash

25 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If a player is signed to a 5th year option IRL, and they're an UFA for you now, you can sign them to an 5th year option. Don't see why you couldn't, as long as they meet the requirements.

edit: Although people from the 2018 class would've played on their 5th year options in 2022. So not sure how many of those guys apply.

Yeah like Vita Vea. He already played five years that was the last draft class where anyone taken in the top 16 was given a five year contract already. I can’t sign him to a 5th year option he has played five years already and has a new contract. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I've got two on my roster, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Quenton Nelson. So just wanting to know if I have to 3 up them or if they can be 5th year optioned.

Just now, rackcs said:

I've got two on my roster, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Quenton Nelson. So just wanting to know if I have to 3 up them or if they can be 5th year optioned.

yea, there was a short period of time where first round picks here automatically got a five year contract, which made them cheaper in the long run.  We decided to just mirror the NFL system a couple years ago so anyone eligible for the 5th year in real life, is eligible here now also