BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I've got two on my roster, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Quenton Nelson. So just wanting to know if I have to 3 up them or if they can be 5th year optioned.

They both just played their 5th seasons, so they'd have to be 3Upped.  Can't give a 5th year option to a guy going into his 6th year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Now if a guy who is a RFA signs an extension let’s say today and hasn’t been RFA tagged yet can he be 3upped? I know you can’t 3up the final year of their rookie 4 year contract but I’m talking about an extension. Thanks 

Yes. He would have a new IRL contract.

34 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Congrats Buckeye fans, you guys are the national champs! What a season.

For as much of a ****show their NFL grades are, the college side of PFF is ******* embarrassing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

And they've both got new deals in place as well.

True.  But along those same lines, I can't give Tremaine a 5th year option as next year will be his 6th season despite him having no new contract as of now.

I could do it for Quinnen as he will be going into his 5th year.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, Blue said:

Cardinals firing Kliff Kingsbury less than a year after giving him a contract extension is incompetent NFL team ownership at its finest

No denying that but being paid to do nothing for 5-6 years is hilarious. 

*looks at Jon Gruden*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blue said:

For as much of a ****show their NFL grades are, the college side of PFF is ******* embarrassing.

It’s almost like the flawed grading system is even more flawed when you factor in rule differences, strength of schedule, and talent discrepancies.