BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

It's just inexplicable to have that little faith in the running game. Obviously it wasn't effective when they actually did run the ball, but man, run a few option plays with Herbert having a run, bring a fullback in - something to mix it up. Being one dimensional in the passing game when you've got a huge lead is madness.

LA had 8 yards rushing from non-QBs in the second half. I would imagine Jacksonville was stacking the box to stop the run at that point for obvious reasons. I don't think it's that shocking LA kept throwing the ball, especially near the end when the Jags were closing the gap.

@rackcs I failed to give feedback and I said I was going to play it closer to the chest this draft season but it’s still early in the process and things always change so why not.

1.5 Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

Based on the board at this point in time this would be pick. I wasn’t the biggest Murphy fan about a month ago. I’ve been watching more tape and I really like edge players that aren’t liabilities against the run. Murphy has some developing still to do in terms of rush moves/plans but with his size, athleticism, run stopping ability I think he can develop into a premier all around player on the edge.

1.16 Tuli Tuipulotu DL USC

He won’t be here at this pick. By the time the draft rolls around I expect him to go higher. It’s no secret he is a draft crush of mine. Cam Smith who you have going a pick later would be a nice option or one of the safeties in Branch and Johnson who can play a nickel role as well. That versatility is something I like. Budda in the dime as I was out of corners really helped me in the Bizz Bowl. 

2.8 Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU 

I don’t see him being here either or Hyatt the pick after this. I do need to address WR. I also need Guard help so O’Cyrus would be a nice fill here.

2.12 Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois

This is a player I like and although I changed my pick to Cam Smith, Branch or Johnson at 16 I wouldn’t be opposed to still grabbing Spoon here.

2.16 Anton Harrison OT OU

I admittedly haven’t watched much of him but have read plenty. I could use more OT depth but I think with Thomas, Ekwonu, Humphries and whenever Steele returns from his ACL I’ll probably FA/Tank that Tackle depth. This is where I can add a WR probably. Zay Flowers who isn’t in your mock would be a player I like here or Josh Downs/Rashee Rice.