BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

On 2/8/2023 at 12:00 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

It's weird that some people on the internet that you have never really met who you spend those "in between life" moments in can have an impact on your life

Really pulling for the Eagles tonight. Ik theyre your team but also they were Jlash' team. 

I know I made a lot of rifts here with many of you and I am sorry for that but never do I want anything bad to happen to or for any of you. Jlash was such a good person, the world is a worse place without ppl like him.

• Like 4

Mock

1.1 Berlin- Bryce Young QB Bama

Berlin gets their QB. Could be Young or Stroud depending on size but Young has everything else you could want imo.

1.2 Seoul- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Seoul also adds a QBOTF. Great game against UGA. If it wasn’t an outlier on his ability to handle pressure and improvise he could help turn the tide for Seoul quickly.  

1.3 Gotham- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Carter can be a menace inside against both the run and pass. He just has to have the want to. Hopefully he does and he provides Gotham with an elite pairing in the middle with he and Chris Jones. 

1.4 Raleigh- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

Anderson is arguably the top edge rusher in the class. Not the biggest but still can hold his own probably ideal for a 3-4 if Raleigh switches to that scheme going forward. He could play a Brian Burns type role in a 4-3 as well. 

1.5 Anchorage- Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

Between he and Gonzalez for top corner in the class for me. Gonzalez is younger with I believe better athleticism and size. Witherspoon plays with the instincts of a vet and had a great year last year although against not the strongest passing competition. He turns 23 his rookie year and I am interested to see his testing numbers but I gamble on the more refined player here. Really a 1a/1b to me at this point.

1.6 Hungary- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 

A very good athlete with good size and potential Gonzalez got better and better as the year went on. Deservedly a top 10 pick and Hungary really can add anywhere to their defense and they start with a very important position in corner. 

1.7 Greenland- Tyree Wilson Edge TTU

Another monster sized athlete at edge after taking Walker last year. With these two playing on the ends it will be very difficult to run against Greenland outside and both will keep developing as pass rushers and bring an all around game with few weaknesses for the Greenland front. 

1.8 Raleigh- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

WR is going to be dealers choice as they are all a little different here at the top. I have Raleigh going for the OSU pedigree and a slot dynamo who can open up things for their passing attack after going defense first. 

1.9 Cuba- Jordan Addison WR USC 

Cuba has made it known they want to target receiver and they grab Addison here. A route technician and underrated speed player he has the ability to attack at all levels and pair up with Jefferson to make for a scary receiver duo. 

1.10 Flint- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson 

Bringing Back Simmons and Bosa is key and adding Murphy opposite Bosa with his athleticism and run stopping ability is a great get here at 10. Murphy has some pass rushing development still to go but he’s starting to become underrated in draft circles. 

1.11 Gotham- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

Gotham has the passing weapons now they add the top RB in the class that can still create and thrive as a pass catcher in their 4 wide. There isn’t a better match in this first round than this imo. I know Whicker doesn’t highly value RB’s so this could be another position of more importance to him as well.

1.12 IC- Tuli Tuipulotu DL USC

Ruskie loves his Dlinemen and Tuli has some nice versatility. Still waiting on Chase Young to become the dominant heir apparent to Khalil Mack across from Garrett, Tuli can rotate inside and out and really give them another chess piece. Receiver could be another option as well.

1.13 Berlin- Kelee Ringo CB UGA

Berlin needs to add to their corner group and the ultimate build a player is here for the picking. Still 20 and a freak athlete with great size if Ringo can figure out the nuances of playing corner this can be a steal. 

1.14 Cancun- Cam Smith CB Scar

Cancun goes with a battle tested SEC corner who has more of the nuances down than the aforementioned corner in this mock. Cancun is on the cusp and they need to add ready made contributors this class and they do so across from White. 

1.15 Rome- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

Rome has a very good corner group and this is more a BPA pick. Having corners in this league ready to go at any time is very important so strengthening the position for a BPA drafter is the aim here.

1.16 Anchorage- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

I am admittedly not a huge Johnston fan at the moment. But I need bodies at the position that have a chance to develop. Coming off a Bizz Bowl Championship and having plenty of prominent draft capital the next two years I feel this is a gamble I can afford to make. 

2.1 Berlin- Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss St

Adding to the corner group for Berlin continues. Thin framed but an absolute playmaker and no fear in the run game, his athleticism has been questioned but I like the fit here for Berlin. 

2.2 Gotham- Will Levis QB UK

Gotham has Mac Jones and Trey Lance. Still unknowns although some may disagree on Jones. They take another shot here with the toolsy Levis. They have a ton of picks to afford to take these gambles here as well. 

2.3 Seoul- Anton Harrison OT OU

Harrison I think will rise with athletic testing. He’s a mauler and while lacking in true pass sets at OU he shows the athleticism on film to be a plus pass blocker and run blocker.

2.4 Gotham- Michael Mayer TE ND

Gotham will want to run predominantly 4 wide but adding Mayer here is a great move to give their offense versatility. He can also be split out into a big slot role. A plus run blocker this just makes a lot of sense to me like the Bijan pick for this team. 

2.5 Hungary- Kalijah Cancey INT Pitt

Hungary adds a front seven defender this time. Cancey has great pass rushing ability and if paired with a big NT I think he can blossom into an every down disruptive player inside for Hungary.

2.6 Raleigh- Zay Flowers WR BC

Raleigh adds another Receiver here and while they may opt for Hyatt since they went with the more slot ready player in JSN, I believe Flowers can play all over the formation. A nice addition for a rebuilding receiving corps.

2.7 Greenland- Brian Branch DB Bama

Branch gives Greenland a lot of versatility. He can play slot and safety and is a player that really would fit Greenland well with their lack of healthy safeties last year still being able to double as that slot/dime Apex defender.

2.8 Anchorage- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee 

I double down on receivers and add the speed of Hyatt here. Pairing with Jameson Williams I should be able to have some deep  outside speed to add to Chase and Johnston also added in this draft.

2.9 Cuba- Anthony Richardson QB UF

Brady retired and Watson is still an unknown based on play last season. I think this a gamble the talented Cuba team could make. If Richardson hits he gives Cuba a dual threat weapon that would be well worth this pick.

2.10 Gotham- Paris Johnson Jr OT OSU

Gotham needs to add OT depth and future starters and Johnson is a nice selection for them here. Future replacement for Jake Matthews at LT.

2.11 Lancaster- Brian Bresee INT Clemson 

Lancaster will need some interior Dline help in their rotation as I don’t really see Kinlaw ever becoming anything. It seems people either love or hate Bresee and I can see both sides. A lot of untapped potential but left a lot to be desired. Some may be scheme related but could be worth the gamble here.

2.12 Anchorage- Peter Skoronski OL NW

My Hope here is that he moves inside to guard and helps me beef up the interior to protect Burrow

2.13 Berlin- Lukas Van Ness Edge Iowa

This is the type of edge player Berlin favors. Big power rusher with athleticism and an all around game. Still some untapped potential and a YGM replacement with another three initial name in LVN.

2.14 Cancun- Darnell Washington TE UGA

Mwil is a fan of Big 0. He gives Cancun an all around force. Often underutilized in the passing game as a Robin to Bowers’ Batman he can stand as a Batman in his own right. Great run blocker will open up things in the running game for Cancun but also provide a nice weapon for Mahomes.

2.15 Rome- Broderick Jones OT UGA

Rome adds a future Tyron Smith replacement with Jones. He might not have some of the ideal length but he has great mirror ability and great production. 

2.16 Anchorage- Isaiah Foskey Edge ND

Adding an edge to my rotation in an all around player I like in Foskey. He fits my favored edge profile and think he meshes well with the rotation I have. 

3.1 Berlin- Darnell Wright OL Tennessee 

Wright might kick inside but I think he gets a shot at RT. Bottom line Berlin needs depth at T and so they add Wright, a Tennessee alum here. 

3.2 Seoul- Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge KSU

Seoul has some young edge guys but they need to keep taking shots here until someone hits as a top player. FAU is young and has plenty of tools and production to possibly become that player for the Dragons.

3.3 Gotham- BJ Ojulari Edge LSU

Gotham needs edge help and Ojulari is a heck of a pass rusher off the edge. He might start as a situational player there as he needs to improve against the run but he can be a nightmare for opposing QBs.

3.4 Hungary- Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

More defensive help for Hungary and now they’ve added help at all three levels. Sanders has some untapped potential and can be a pass rusher when needed while having some range to cover. Still needs some work but all the tools are there.

3.5 Lancaster- Clark Phillips lll CB Utah

Lancaster could continue their oline build on the interior here but I believe they go and grab a nickel corner who in BDL will also be on the field most of the game. Phillips is a playmaker and pairs very well with Ramsey and Alexander on the outside.

3.6 Gotham- O’Cyrus Torrence OG UF

Gotham has one guard currently signed. Torrence might not fit that 4 wide but he’s arguably the best guard in this class and talent/need meet here to give Gotham a good pick.

3.7 Greenland- Jahmyr Gibbs RB Bama

They will have to pay Barkley and Akers has been inconsistent. Gibbs can be a receiving threat out of the backfield and bring this offense another explosive playmaker. 

3.8 Lancaster- John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota 

Lancaster has Drew Dalman but this is arguably the top center in the class and helps them add to a young promising oline.

3.9 Cuba- Jaylon Jones CB TAMU

Jones is a physical corner and fits in well with the young Cuba group. Originally I had him to Cuba a whole round prior but he falls to them here in the third and they get a menacing presence in the back end.

3.10 Jazz- Nolan Smith Edge/LB UGA

Smith falls further than expected due to injury but that won’t stop Lukic (ex: Jeffery Simmons) from getting a possibly steal here. After adding Murphy in round one they continue to build the front 7 with the versatile Smith.

3.11 Berlin- Siaki Ika INT Baylor

Berlin adds a giant body with nimble feet in the middle of their defense next to Derrick Brown to create an imposing duo on the interior.

3.12 Singapore- Keion White Edge GA Tech

White is a big powerful edge and I think he fits well with the other players Singapore has and can provide them a bigger body who can move around the Dline and create versatile matchups for their defense.

3.13 Seoul- Dawand Jones OT OSU

I don’t think Jones falls this far but  Seoul doesn’t hesitate to pull the trigger. Career longevity and injuries are concerns with players this size but worth the risk here.

3.14 Raleigh- Jaelyn Duncan OT Maryland

They need tackle help and grab Duncan to help fill the need. They wish Jones had fallen one more spot. 

3.15 Rome- Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA

Harris is behind a poor oline and Swift is under used. Rome adds another RB here with hopes of having more success at the position. ZC is a bowling ball and brings physical toughness to the Rome rushing attack.

3.16 Seoul- Rashee Rice WR SMU

Seoul needs to keep adding at the position and I know Rice is a personal favorite of RG.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Mock

1.1 Berlin- Bryce Young QB Bama

Berlin gets their QB. Could be Young or Stroud depending on size but Young has everything else you could want imo.

1.2 Seoul- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Seoul also adds a QBOTF. Great game against UGA. If it wasn’t an outlier on his ability to handle pressure and improvise he could help turn the tide for Seoul quickly.  

1.3 Gotham- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Carter can be a menace inside against both the run and pass. He just has to have the want to. Hopefully he does and he provides Gotham with an elite pairing in the middle with he and Chris Jones. 

1.4 Raleigh- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

Anderson is arguably the top edge rusher in the class. Not the biggest but still can hold his own probably ideal for a 3-4 if Raleigh switches to that scheme going forward. He could play a Brian Burns type role in a 4-3 as well. 

1.5 Anchorage- Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

Between he and Gonzalez for top corner in the class for me. Gonzalez is younger with I believe better athleticism and size. Witherspoon plays with the instincts of a vet and had a great year last year although against not the strongest passing competition. He turns 23 his rookie year and I am interested to see his testing numbers but I gamble on the more refined player here. Really a 1a/1b to me at this point.

1.6 Hungary- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 

A very good athlete with good size and potential Gonzalez got better and better as the year went on. Deservedly a top 10 pick and Hungary really can add anywhere to their defense and they start with a very important position in corner. 

1.7 Greenland- Tyree Wilson Edge TTU

Another monster sized athlete at edge after taking Walker last year. With these two playing on the ends it will be very difficult to run against Greenland outside and both will keep developing as pass rushers and bring an all around game with few weaknesses for the Greenland front. 

1.8 Raleigh- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

WR is going to be dealers choice as they are all a little different here at the top. I have Raleigh going for the OSU pedigree and a slot dynamo who can open up things for their passing attack after going defense first. 

1.9 Cuba- Jordan Addison WR USC 

Cuba has made it known they want to target receiver and they grab Addison here. A route technician and underrated speed player he has the ability to attack at all levels and pair up with Jefferson to make for a scary receiver duo. 

1.10 Flint- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson 

Bringing Back Simmons and Bosa is key and adding Murphy opposite Bosa with his athleticism and run stopping ability is a great get here at 10. Murphy has some pass rushing development still to go but he’s starting to become underrated in draft circles. 

1.11 Gotham- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

Gotham has the passing weapons now they add the top RB in the class that can still create and thrive as a pass catcher in their 4 wide. There isn’t a better match in this first round than this imo. I know Whicker doesn’t highly value RB’s so this could be another position of more importance to him as well.

1.12 IC- Tuli Tuipulotu DL USC

Ruskie loves his Dlinemen and Tuli has some nice versatility. Still waiting on Chase Young to become the dominant heir apparent to Khalil Mack across from Garrett, Tuli can rotate inside and out and really give them another chess piece. Receiver could be another option as well.

1.13 Berlin- Kelee Ringo CB UGA

Berlin needs to add to their corner group and the ultimate build a player is here for the picking. Still 20 and a freak athlete with great size if Ringo can figure out the nuances of playing corner this can be a steal. 

1.14 Cancun- Cam Smith CB Scar

Cancun goes with a battle tested SEC corner who has more of the nuances down than the aforementioned corner in this mock. Cancun is on the cusp and they need to add ready made contributors this class and they do so across from White. 

1.15 Rome- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

Rome has a very good corner group and this is more a BPA pick. Having corners in this league ready to go at any time is very important so strengthening the position for a BPA drafter is the aim here.

1.16 Anchorage- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

I am admittedly not a huge Johnston fan at the moment. But I need bodies at the position that have a chance to develop. Coming off a Bizz Bowl Championship and having plenty of prominent draft capital the next two years I feel this is a gamble I can afford to make. 

2.1 Berlin- Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss St

Adding to the corner group for Berlin continues. Thin framed but an absolute playmaker and no fear in the run game, his athleticism has been questioned but I like the fit here for Berlin. 

2.2 Gotham- Will Levis QB UK

Gotham has Mac Jones and Trey Lance. Still unknowns although some may disagree on Jones. They take another shot here with the toolsy Levis. They have a ton of picks to afford to take these gambles here as well. 

2.3 Seoul- Anton Harrison OT OU

Harrison I think will rise with athletic testing. He’s a mauler and while lacking in true pass sets at OU he shows the athleticism on film to be a plus pass blocker and run blocker.

2.4 Gotham- Michael Mayer TE ND

Gotham will want to run predominantly 4 wide but adding Mayer here is a great move to give their offense versatility. He can also be split out into a big slot role. A plus run blocker this just makes a lot of sense to me like the Bijan pick for this team. 

2.5 Hungary- Kalijah Cancey INT Pitt

Hungary adds a front seven defender this time. Cancey has great pass rushing ability and if paired with a big NT I think he can blossom into an every down disruptive player inside for Hungary.

2.6 Raleigh- Zay Flowers WR BC

Raleigh adds another Receiver here and while they may opt for Hyatt since they went with the more slot ready player in JSN, I believe Flowers can play all over the formation. A nice addition for a rebuilding receiving corps.

2.7 Greenland- Brian Branch DB Bama

Branch gives Greenland a lot of versatility. He can play slot and safety and is a player that really would fit Greenland well with their lack of healthy safeties last year still being able to double as that slot/dime Apex defender.

2.8 Anchorage- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee 

I double down on receivers and add the speed of Hyatt here. Pairing with Jameson Williams I should be able to have some deep  outside speed to add to Chase and Johnston also added in this draft.

2.9 Cuba- Anthony Richardson QB UF

Brady retired and Watson is still an unknown based on play last season. I think this a gamble the talented Cuba team could make. If Richardson hits he gives Cuba a dual threat weapon that would be well worth this pick.

2.10 Gotham- Paris Johnson Jr OT OSU

Gotham needs to add OT depth and future starters and Johnson is a nice selection for them here. Future replacement for Jake Matthews at LT.

2.11 Lancaster- Brian Bresee INT Clemson 

Lancaster will need some interior Dline help in their rotation as I don’t really see Kinlaw ever becoming anything. It seems people either love or hate Bresee and I can see both sides. A lot of untapped potential but left a lot to be desired. Some may be scheme related but could be worth the gamble here.

2.12 Anchorage- Peter Skoronski OL NW

My Hope here is that he moves inside to guard and helps me beef up the interior to protect Burrow

2.13 Berlin- Lukas Van Ness Edge Iowa

This is the type of edge player Berlin favors. Big power rusher with athleticism and an all around game. Still some untapped potential and a YGM replacement with another three initial name in LVN.

2.14 Cancun- Darnell Washington TE UGA

Mwil is a fan of Big 0. He gives Cancun an all around force. Often underutilized in the passing game as a Robin to Bowers’ Batman he can stand as a Batman in his own right. Great run blocker will open up things in the running game for Cancun but also provide a nice weapon for Mahomes.

2.15 Rome- Broderick Jones OT UGA

Rome adds a future Tyron Smith replacement with Jones. He might not have some of the ideal length but he has great mirror ability and great production. 

2.16 Anchorage- Isaiah Foskey Edge ND

Adding an edge to my rotation in an all around player I like in Foskey. He fits my favored edge profile and think he meshes well with the rotation I have. 

Added some explanations

18 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

14 Cancun- Darnell Washington TE UGA

Kyle J and him with Mahomes and Stevenson/Jones would be a personnel cheat code. Need for a third receiver: 0, unless @RuskieTitan completes his DL infinity gauntlet 

• Like 1