Continuing toward rankings for 2023, here are the list of WRs

WR

Tier 1 - The guys that elevate QBs single handedly 

1. Ja’Marr Chase - Complete
2. Justin Jefferson - Needs volume to hit upside which new HC provided
3. Davante Adams - Unquestionable all world player
4. Tyreek Hill - NFL’s fastest player. 
5. AJ Brown - Still underrated
6. DeAndre Hopkins - Suspension and age hurt  (31 years old ; Remains WR1)
7. DK Metcalf - Athletic specimen 
8. Cooper Kupp - Injury hurt ; Most consistent among group
9. Stefon Diggs - Getting up there in age but remains an elite player
10. Ceedee Lamb - Broke out without Dak and another viable WR on team
11. Deebo Samuel - Dynamic OW; best in the game at his position 

Tier 2 - High end WR1s with the right QB (look at tier 1 QBs)

12. Terry McLaurin -  Arguably most underrated player in the NFL
13. Amora St. Brown - Best slot option in NFL
14. Jaylen Waddle - High flyer. TD potential every play
15. Mike Williams - Injuries have always stopped WR1 potential 
16. Mike Evans - Mr. Consistent
17. Tee Higgins - Viable WR1
18. Garrett Wilson - Justified WR rookie of the year
19. Amari Cooper - underrated player
20. DJ Moore - Complete player

Next man up 

21. Chris Olave - Viable WR1

Honorable mention - No order (WR is deep!)

DeVonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Tyler Lockett, George Pickens, Michael Pittman, Brandin Cooks, Jahan Dotson, Christian Watson, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin,  Brandon Ayiuk 

Can’t believe you forgot Tutu Atwell. Smh 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

dotson is a huge over rate to make honorable mention when he was third on receiving on his own team over guys  like Christian Kirk, Drake London, Juju

Dotson tied all rookies with 7 REC TDs despite missing 5 games. His game log isn’t as impressive as London but he proved to be a legitimate deep threat. If Bienemy and Howell can make some magic together he can have a Waddle type elevation next season.

I do think London and Kirk are good consideration as omissions. Kirk in particular was baller this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I offered my services to come back for a year and be an interim owner for Camden until a long term solution can be figured out, but I'll gladly take any help I can get - especially regarding the upcoming draft tbh - if you're interested in coming aboard

If you want help with the draft I'll transfer over. I think the NO owner's plans with the draft are more or less understood without me without saying much.

14 hours ago, Blue said:

Olave and Wilson are at worst on par with each other imo and I think St. Brown is criminally overrated. But otherwise nothing to say that wouldn't be nitpicky.

Remember when you said you didn’t see Wilson as that good of a prospect? :) 

12 hours ago, Blue said:

Mariota isn't good but his play was a lot better than people give him credit for.

And Drake London wasn't that good.

He was very very good.

Aside from some god awful fumbles.

I know you didn't like him coming out last year, but no need to hate.

TE rankings entering 2023 season

Tier 1 - In a league of his own

1. Travis Kelce - First ballot hall of famer. He’d be a tier 1 player in a breakdown of almost every feasible listing of offensive talent

Tier 2 - The elite ones

2. George Kittle - best blocker in the game at TE. Jimmy G used him effectively, Purdy relied on him down the field. Reminded us why it was a convo between him and Kelce for years

3. Dallas Goedert - Admist all the new Eagles breaking out, Goedert did the same. High level blocker, slightly lesser at receiver. Complete package and youngest of this group

4. Mark Andrews - Still an elite receiving threat. Suffered greatly from volume and pedestrian QB play once Jackson was injured

Tier 3 - Between quality and high end starters

5. TJ Hockenson - Trade from DET to MIN unlocked receiving capabilities with a pass happy Cousins

6. David Njoku - Pretty high for him but did well after getting paid. Good receiver, better blocker

7. Dalton Schultz - When Cowboys got pass happy Dak used him frequently, even with Cooper on roster. Like Njoku, he’s underrated

8. Darren Waller - Injuries slowed him down tremendously. Now on wrong side of 30. How long does his premier athleticism last? Worst blocker among this group

Tier 4 - Unquestionable starters

9. Evan Engram - Showed us why he was a first round pick years ago. Benefited from tier 2 QB play

10. Pat Freiermuth - Well rounded. Love the blocking ability. Solid in receiving game

11. Mike Gesicki - Athletic freak who suffered from the new look (and targets) of Hill and Waddle

12 Cole Kmet - Blocks well. Only receiver Fields was in tune with

13. Juwan Johnson - Came out of no where and put up career numbers. Didn’t have quality QB play but was arguably #1 option when Olave was out. 

14. Dawson Knox - Solid player. Improved in blocking which is harder to evaluate w BUF pass happy ways. Was their WR2

15. Kyle Pitts - Generational talent who’s A: Been injured B: In the most run happy offense in the NFL. Bad combination

Tier 5 - Capable of more 

16. Chigoziem Okonkwo - Really liked his game this season. OK/solid blocker. Intriguing skill set with the ball in his hands

17. Hunter Henry - Good player but he and Jonnu cancel each other out. His blocking ability is the difference

18. Jelani Woods - Slightly homer but impressed when given the showcase opportunity at TE. Blocking potential is a plus 

19. Cade Otton - Was growing a relationship with Brady. Benefited from volume. Will be interesting to see what his next season looks like bc there’s is fluidness to make a big jump or go down this ranking

20. Greg Dulchich - Another rookie! While Russell Wilson struggled tremendously all season, Dulchich became a viable weapon for him in the 2nd half of the season. Break out potential is legit next year 

21. Trey McBride - Did well when Ertz got injured. I could’ve put Ertz here (or way higher) but is injured and on other side of 30.

Next Man Up - Zach Ertz

Side Note: This was a strong rookie class of TEs. I’m unsure if anyone makes a tremendous jump in their careers but there’s 5-7 guys that could be TE1 ish weapons for multiple years down the road

Honorable mention

Austin Hooper, Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee

Edited by MD4L