BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

After seeing several people try to project our picks, it’s become very clear y’all have a very different view of how my team needs match up with the value on the board than I do.

You’ll go receiver at 14 and then corner at 30

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

After seeing several people try to project our picks, it’s become very clear y’all have a very different view of how my team needs match up with the value on the board than I do.

My question is...does MWil agree with you or us?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jalen Carter not doing athletic testing, lol. Definitely a guy not trying to hide his conditioning, amirite

And he is heavier than he was at the combine, which was already heavier than his listed weight during the season. This is definitely not helping the character concern/immaturity accusations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Probably wouldn't go Ringo that high. The physical tools are enticing but I feel like he's someone I'd rather take a little later on rather than early personally. Would probably go Bresee there.

Hot take:

Post combine those physical tools aren't even that enticing for Ringo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Would love to if the guys I want are there.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

My question is...does MWil agree with you or us?

Ironically, I'd say over the past 3 years we've seen eye to eye on nearly everything in tandem. We go off of our own draft board and value.

For example, both of us were kinda "meh" on Rousseau. He had some great production as an interior bull rush EDGE guy and we neither felt like he was going to be as "boom" as many, but when he fell to almost the third round, we felt as though he was clearly head and shoulders above the next tier, so we moved slightly up to get him.

We ironically both hated Leatherwood, but his IRL +/- was like 70 where we got him compared to where he went. We'd gladly take that swing again on a similar type of player on the +/- end.

Werner hit about every metric available as a WLB/coverage nickel guy and off ball dude and he's been a homerun.

Olave was a pick Blue knew we needed to make for sheer value.

If we stayed at 3, we would have drafted Sauce, but we felt like Thibs fit the BPA and biggest need for our roster at the time, not knowing that half of our CB's would drop due to injury.

We both loved Pitre pre-draft and were thrilled to get him.

I preferred the OG from Texas A&M last year, whereas Blue preferred Zion, but it was close on both of our ends, so Blue and I generally defer to the other when it comes to "our side of the ball".

We knew we were in rebuild mode for a couple of years but then realized post draft last year we actually had a shot with the cap space and draft ammo to build into a dark horse contender, so we were proud of what we were able to do despite deficiencies at the CB spots and some disappointing injuries at the OT and WR spots.

I do think it's hard for some to think of us having Mahomes and about the best "jumbo personnel" set in the league with a heavy running attack as an appropriate fit, which is a shame IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Jalen Carter not doing athletic testing, lol. Definitely a guy not trying to hide his conditioning, amirite

48 minutes ago, rackcs said:

And he is heavier than he was at the combine, which was already heavier than his listed weight during the season. This is definitely not helping the character concern/immaturity accusations.

The 3 of us have been in sync here for months now and I just can't see anything other than a kid trying to cash checks right now. Maybe that changes but he's going to find out a lot of dudes are as talented as he is on their side of the ball at the next level. You'd have thought the OSU game where he was flat out embarrassed by Parish Johnson and DeWand Jones would have been a wake up call, as CJ Stroud ran around him all game too after being criticized as an average athlete, but apparently not.

• Like 1