BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

to be fair, unless hurts signs a contract averaging 53 million dollars a year, the RFA contract is more expensive than a three up at least

Yeah that was my limit. He should get around 50 irl so I was going to go up to the 3up of that but not more. My team has too many holes to go that high on one player 

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Damn I got all excited for someone I won't get. Bummer

Unless they are unlocked after the first year of being signed as a ERFA. So like let’s say I signed a ERFA last year he has one year left on his deal This season at $500 and can be moved as he is now unlocked.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Unless they are unlocked after the first year of being signed as a ERFA. So like let’s say I signed a ERFA last year he has one year left on his deal This season at $500 and can be moved as he is now unlocked.

Yeah same rule as when I left. In this case it was a player who's an ERFA and yet to be tagged by his owner so I thought I would make him a nice FA target 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

to be fair, unless hurts signs a contract averaging 53 million dollars a year, the RFA contract is more expensive than a three up at least

Hurts is going to get $50million at least, so the savings from a 3 Up are pretty negligible. If the goal was to actually get Hurts, $45k per was probably the floor of where to start bidding.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hurts is going to get $50million at least, so the savings from a 3 Up are pretty negligible. If the goal was to actually get Hurts, $45k per was probably the floor of where to start bidding.

Possibly, but at least he's not getting a crazy cheap deal or anything