BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hurts is going to get $50million at least, so the savings from a 3 Up are pretty negligible. If the goal was to actually get Hurts, $45k per was probably the floor of where to start bidding.

Fortunately not getting Hurts is the same as not bidding on Hurts 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Rackcs’ intentions really don’t matter in terms of the bid, nor do I care about saving or not saving him money 

So clarify:

1. You don't care about getting Hurts

2. You don't care if Rack matches the amount

3. You don't care how much Rack has to pay Hurts

So what are you bidding for then

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So clarify:

1. You don't care about getting Hurts

2. You don't care if Rack matches the amount

3. You don't care how much Rack has to pay Hurts

So what are you bidding for then

Not sure how you got that from what he said

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not sure how you got that from what he said

Why say that not getting Hurts is the same as not bidding on Hurts, then claim that Rack's intentions on matching the bid don't matter (they literally do) and he doesn't care whether he saves Racks money or not

Just now, Blue said:

Why say that not getting Hurts is the same as not bidding on Hurts, then claim that Rack's intentions on matching the bid don't matter (they literally do) and he doesn't care whether he saves Racks money or not

I read it as he is saying he cares about what he can control, not what rack will do in response.

He had a bid he wanted to make to address an area of his team he wants to improve, so he made the bid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I read it as he is saying he cares about what he can control, not what rack will do in response.

He had a bid he wanted to make to address an area of his team he wants to improve, so he made the bid.

Yes, but he controlled how much he bid. I am saying that if he actually wanted to get the player, the lowest bid I would have expected Rack to not match on sight is about $45k/year.

Just now, Blue said:

Yes, but he controlled how much he bid. I am saying that if he actually wanted to get the player, the lowest bid I would have expected Rack to not match on sight is about $45k/year.

I think going for the largest BDL contract ever is pretty damn good.  Especially when its above what his likely 3Up amount would be.

And it racks wants to match that and then try to flip Hurts for more than a top 5 pick on this contract, then thats his prerogative.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I think going for the largest BDL contract ever is pretty damn good.  Especially when its above what his likely 3Up amount would be.

And it racks wants to match that and then try to flip Hurts for more than a top 5 pick on this contract, then thats his prerogative.

It's less than 3k over what his likely 3 Up amount is.

And Rack would absolutely 100% get more than one first round pick for Hurts in a trade even at that contract amount.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's less than 3k over what his likely 3 Up amount is.

And Rack would absolutely 100% get more than one first round pick for Hurts in a trade even at that contract amount.

Unless he signs for more than 53,250 annually, Whicker's bid would be over the 3Up amount.

Hurts would have to sign a contract at roughly 57500 for the 3Up amount to be more than 3k over the current bid.

He could if Hurts has another MVP caliber season, or Hurts could get more banged up/regress.  Big gamble with his play style.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Unless he signs for more than 53,250 annually, Whicker's bid would be over the 3Up amount.

Hurts would have to sign a contract at roughly 57500 for the 3Up amount to be more than 3k over the current bid.

He could if Hurts has another MVP caliber season, or Hurts could get more banged up/regress.  Big gamble with his play style.

Yes, that is what I just said. It's not a significant difference in what Racks would have paid anyways on a 3 Up, which he obviously would and should have done.