BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, that is what I just said. It's not a significant difference in what Racks would have paid anyways on a 3 Up, which he obviously would and should have done.

So Whicker made an offer either a little above or close to what the 3Up offer will likely be and isn't going to stress over whether racks matches or not.

How dare he.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So Whicker made an offer either a little above or close to what the 3Up offer will likely be and isn't going to stress over whether racks matches or not.

How dare he.

What is your problem with me pointing that there's no reason to make a bid at all if you A) don't care if Rack matches and B) you don't care to get the player?

Just now, Blue said:

What is your problem with me pointing that there's no reason to make a bid at all if you A) don't care if Rack matches and B) you don't care to get the player?

What is your problem with needing to ***** at everyone who doesn't do exactly what you think they should have done?

He doesn't care if rack matches cause he can't control that.  That doesn't mean he doesn't want the player.  If he didn't want the player he wouldn't have bid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

What is your problem with needing to ***** at everyone who doesn't do exactly what you think they should have done?

He doesn't care if rack matches cause he can't control that.  That doesn't mean he doesn't want the player.  If he didn't want the player he wouldn't have bid.

Because he controls how much he bids and, as I said, that's a number that I don't think anybody in this league would think twice about matching. If you want an RFA, bid enough to at least make it a difficult decision.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We punishing Hurts for taking advantage of a great situation? For shame.

Not his fault he's in a great situation or hasn't been awesome.  But we don't know what he'd be without it.  Look at russ this year as an example.  If you're asking me if I'd be more comfortable paying Herbert or Hurts, it's Herbert for me.  The good news for hurts is he's got a couple years before a new contract starts to wither away his surroundings to where we see what he's really got