Week 12 Non-Viking Games

y*so*blu

What a relief to get that W over Detroit. Now the Vikings will have ten days to rest up and prepare for a tough, resilient Falcons team on the road. In the meantime, we can criticize all the other teams in the league! ^_^

As far as Cowboys vs. Chargers ... Dallas at 5-5 are fading in the playoff race while, with the AFC the way it is this season, the 4-6 Chargers could still make it.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I did the ESPN playoff machine and had the Chargers making it

If they win today, it'll hurt Philadelphia's SOS right?

Yes, we are so much ahead of Philly SOS, that odds are that they can't catch up.... Especially if you project with current record for future games.

If they drop a game we go #1

Falling 28-6 to the visiting Chargers ... we knew Dallas would not be the same team sans Ezekiel, but that's just brutal. I couldn't watch most of the game but looking at the stats:

* The Cowboys were shut out until the fourth quarter, when Rod Smith (their leading rusher on the day with 41 yards on 9 carries) finally reached the endzone. And they missed the PAT.

* Prescott wasn't awful (20 of 27, 179 yards, 0/2, 2 sacks) but the offense gained only 247 total yards. The Chargers' offense more than doubled that total, with 515.

* Rivers has still got it. He eviscerated the Cowboy secondary, going 27/33 for 434 yards (172 of them to Keenan Allen) and 3 touchdowns.

At this rate I would not be at all surprised if the Chargers fought their way into the postseason.

16 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Yes, we are so much ahead of Philly SOS, that odds are that they can't catch up.... Especially if you project with current record for future games.

If they drop a game we go #1

Using projected records (inexact) for the rest of the season... but still gives you something

Philly = 0.41566 (current opponent win total 69)

Minny = 0.50306 (current opponent win total 82)

NO = 0.55214 (current opponent win total 90)

The Bears will be chewed up like hamburger against Philly on the road and the Packers are likely to meet the same fate in Pittsburgh. Although I can't bring myself to root for Chicago under any circumstances, it wouldn't bother me if they pulled off an upset here. We need the Eagles to drop a game at some point.

Chicago just held the Eagles to no points on their opening drive, then hurt themselves with a dumb penalty on the punt return.

Archived