Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I think LaFleur has it in him. This was a veteran group that led itself his first 3 years, think they just got content. There will be changes and it will wake up the locker room.

His play calling is trash .. at least with Rodgers at the helm.

I really think we need to see Love play so we can see if LaFleur can actually run his offense.  If Love and the offense fall on it's face then launch LaFleur into the sun.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They're a tough team with a hard *** coach. We're a soft team with an eyebrow waxer. 

Do we even have a "tough guy" coach on staff? Maybe Bisaccia or Jerry Gray? We know it isn't MLF, and that is fine.  But we really seem to lack that guy that is going to chew someone out.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

What threat did i make? I invited you to come see me and talk your ahit in person, which you wont do. 

your opinion isnt even worthwhile for me to wipe my *** with

When someone says they want someone on the internet to come over and talk **** to their face irl, they want to fight and kick their ***, what are you gonna have a ****in tea party and talk about the Packers? Who are we kidding guy lol its a passive aggressive threat

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Man just a lot to swallow right now... Atrocious performance and absolutely a game that we should have won, and what's tough is it feels so much like the SF game, and is really a microcosm of the whole season. 

Defense plays mostly okay but just so not clutch -- the 2 minute drive at the end of the half, the four minute at the end of the half, boneheaded 3rd/4th down defense.

Some really questionable offensive decisions -- for the third straight year, another questionable starting OL decision, awful 4th down call

Horrible execution offensively, when Rodgers happens to play well, others guys let him down, but Rodgers again showing he's just not going to be able to play effectively into January, especially in the cold

More Quay and Rasul antics.

Would've loved this one but maybe it's better the team lost. They are far, far away from being a SB contender and sneaking into the playoffs may have been enough for more status quo. Some tough decisions to be made and not a lot of cap or draft capital to solve problems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

And y’all will still have nothing to say about the Packers except hate. We are such a spoiled fan base. Like someone else said, it’s extremely off-putting how we talk about this team and these players

I don't think it is unique to this team/ this subforum.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really think we need to see Love play so we can see if LaFleur can actually run his offense.  If Love and the offense fall on it's face then launch LaFleur into the sun.

Not only that, but when you got guys like Quay who keep acting like mental midgets and undisciplined, that's on him as well.

Just now, rthom348 said:

And y’all will still have nothing to say about the Packers except hate. We are such a spoiled fan base. Like someone else said, it’s extremely off-putting how we talk about this team and these players

I have been the biggest supporter of Lazard, Savage, Quay, Wyatt, Davante Adams when everyone thought he sucked, Jones when McCarthy wouldn’t play him, Cobb when everyone said he was toast 6 years ago…

MVS…

Stokes, Jeff Janis…

Virtually every single Packer most fans here hate.

I am a Packers fan and I root for every single Packer to be successful.

The difference between me and the person you’re accusing me of being is that I’m only opposed to one Packer. The one making the most money and doing the worst to live up to it.

• Like 2

I am biggest Lafleur supporter out here.

But my confidence is waning slowly.

He was just not getting team ready for the big moments for 4 straight years.. I know part of it is Arod , but dont tell me the team has well prepared.

This is the easiest of 4 years to get it done and again he sucked. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The fact that this team looked very similar with Rodgers and McCarthy for a couple years at the end of his tenure leads me to want to see MLF with Love before I fire him. If it’s not better then fire him after next year. There’s a chance this is mostly Rodgers’ psyche/mentality/stubbornness or whatever.