Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Imagine losing to Jared Goff in a win or go home game, at home. 

Not unlike losing to Jimmy G in the playoffs last year. Again, for all the talk about GB in cold weather games, it seems to me our offense suffers right along with the other teams offense.

Just now, packerstk7 said:

The fact that this team looked very similar with Rodgers and McCarthy for a couple years at the end of his tenure leads me to want to see MLF with Love before I fire him. If it’s not better then fire him after next year. There’s a chance this is mostly Rodgers’ psyche/mentality/stubbornness or whatever. 

A few of the more knowledgeable folks on here have been saying this. They want to see MFL's offense run the way it was intended. I believe @Packerraymond and @AlexGreen#20were two of those folks. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Imagine losing to Jared Goff in a win or go home game, at home. 

Well ... To be fair as we would have been 1 and done vs SF, it pretty much ensured the inevitable wasn't delayed.

But still ... It just sucks that Love didn't get more playing time after what we saw vs Philly because of this, and the 4-game streak just feels like a wasted effort.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Not unlike losing to Jimmy G in the playoffs last year. Again, for all the talk about GB in cold weather games, it seems to me our offense suffers right along with the other teams offense.

Unlike last year, we were playing against a great defense. The Lions were 31st in the league. Also, we still beat them if not for a blocked punt for a TD. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I don't think it is unique to this team/ this subforum.

Doesn’t ours have, by far, the most posters though? This forum is toxic as all hell. I mostly just enjoyed reading the posts back when I first started going on here in like…2007. I only started posting somewhat recently. It’s changed a lot 

Honestly, I have to take a lot of the blame here.

Took over the gameday threads and it looked like the tank was going to get through. But then the team rallied and gave some hope.

But instead we're just stuck in purgatory. I'll hang it up and hopefully someone else can get us to #1 (either in terms of the SB or draft pick). 

I really Jeff Fishered it, sorry folks.

• Like 2