Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

SF had a crazy good defense though. The Lions were ranked 31st. 

Yeah but Rodgers wasn't good all season and previously got dominated by this terrible Lions defense in perfect conditions earlier in the year.

Last year there was no real hint of Rodgers being washed after the season he had, and GB was coming off a BYE week. Turns out that game was a precursor for the type of play we should have expected this season from Rodgers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers will be back next year.  LaFleur in his press conference is already pining for his return.  He doesn't have the guys to do football without the guy.

The reporters are asking some very pointed questions. Regardless of MLF’s thoughts though he’d have to answer the questions the same way.

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I hope A A Ron comes back. 

I hope he comes back if he is 100% about coming back.  I don't think he is washed up.  I do think he was not 100% healthy, and I also think that he didn't put in the offseason work this last season that he had in the past.  Get full-time Aaron and I am in, but I don't want less than 100% Aaron.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

I said none of those things. Dont put words in my mouth.

the reality is that none of you cocksuckers that talk **** here would say a damn thing in person. That was the point. I know at 4’11, a lot goes over your head.

But you are doing the most of the crap talk here

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have been the biggest supporter of Lazard, Savage, Quay, Wyatt, Davante Adams when everyone thought he sucked, Jones when McCarthy wouldn’t play him, Cobb when everyone said he was toast 6 years ago…

MVS…

Stokes, Jeff Janis…

Virtually every single Packer most fans here hate.

I am a Packers fan and I root for every single Packer to be successful.

The difference between me and the person you’re accusing me of being is that I’m only opposed to one Packer. The one making the most money and doing the worst to live up to it.

And good on you for that. Where you lose me is the over the top hatred for our star player, who has literally given us some of the greatest moments in Packer history. If we never had Rodgers, this franchise likely would’ve gone back to being like the Browns, Lions, etc. Rodgers isn’t perfect by any means, but he’s one of the most legendary players ever and people just sh*t on the guy. There’s just hardly any appreciation amongst the fans in here and it’s a downer to see. I defend Rodgers because he gets tons of hate. I don’t love every player we’ve had, but I’d also defend any Packers player, because they play for the team I root for. Some just take the criticism way too far. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hope he comes back if he is 100% about coming back.  I don't think he is washed up.  I do think he was not 100% healthy, and I also think that he didn't put in the offseason work this last season that he had in the past.  Get full-time Aaron and I am in, but I don't want less than 100% Aaron.

But do you really want him back in this scheme? He's better off somewhere else. And the packers can try out the backup. 

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

And good on you for that. Where you lose me is the over the top hatred for our star player, who has literally given us some of the greatest moments in Packer history. If we never had Rodgers, this franchise likely would’ve gone back to being like the Browns, Lions, etc. Rodgers isn’t perfect by any means, but he’s one of the most legendary players ever and people just sh*t on the guy. There’s just hardly any appreciation amongst the fans in here and it’s a downer to see. I defend Rodgers because he gets tons of hate. I don’t love every player we’ve had, but I’d also defend any Packers player, because they play for the team I root for. Some just take the criticism way too far. 

And that’s where you’re wrong.

Thirty years ago, you just enjoy a Rodgers or Favre.

In today’s NFL, you’re never more than five years from an elite QB if you have the right head coach.

• Like 1

Even full time Aaron is 50% Aaron in post season.

I dont know, but our Oline and Aaron are sucking in elimination games.

I don't think he will be 100%.  Once you start thinking long about retirement,  each offseason will be similar.  If Rodgers isn't 100% on training in the offseadon, I think the in season play will be similar