Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

Just now, rthom348 said:

There were a good amount of fans calling for Rodgers to replace Favre. I remember it well

So do I. But it happened a lot faster. In one season. With Rodgers it has been slower…so fans were divided on Favre for a year and now with Rodgers they’ve been divided for 5 or so.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

More posters means more varying viewpoints.  Often not seeing eye to eye.  Most played football or are competitive and type a people in discussions. 

I have a hard time believing even 5% of our forum’s posters have ever played organized football (unless it was when they were like 9 years old). No chance. 

Just now, rthom348 said:

I have a hard time believing even 5% of our forum’s posters have ever played organized football (unless it was when they were like 9 years old). No chance. 

I'd say Middle School's the upper limit. Maybe High School, even if just as a benchwarmer who never saw the field.

Just now, packerstk7 said:

So do I. But it happened a lot faster. In one season. With Rodgers it has been slower…so fans were divided on Favre for a year and now with Rodgers they’ve been divided for 5 or so.

It was faster because we could see the Rodgers was going to be something special. We have no reason to think we have that coming to us again. I do hope Love is the guy. I’m the biggest Rodgers fan, but I’d be amped up if Love carries on the Packers’ QB greats legacy. 

plus, with all due respect to Favre (on the field), Rodgers has delivered far more great Packers moments. 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hope he comes back if he is 100% about coming back.  I don't think he is washed up.  I do think he was not 100% healthy, and I also think that he didn't put in the offseason work this last season that he had in the past.  Get full-time Aaron and I am in, but I don't want less than 100% Aaron.

His arm isn’t washed but it seems like his mind is. This scheme + Rodgers seem to be done. Just like it did the last 3 years with MM. This time I hope we try the opposite approach and get rid of Rodgers. He’s almost done regardless, so if we still suck on offense with MLF and Love we won’t have missed out on that much.

Our offensive line has really let him down in these last 2 elimination losses as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Difference with that was Favre announced his retirement, and Rodgers played better as a back-up than Love has so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

Even full time Aaron is 50% Aaron in post season.

I dont know, but our Oline and Aaron are sucking in elimination games.

The O-Line has been a problem all season. Bahk missed a lot of time, and is only now getting back to form. Jenkins is at about 80%. The right side is two journeymen. Badly need a couple more O-Linemen. This O-Line group would have been undressed by the 49ers. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Difference with that was Favre announced his retirement, and Rodgers played better as a back-up than Love has so far.

That’s not true anymore.

Rodgers against Dallas, and now Love against Philly.

Rosgers just had more time.

If we didn't handcuff ourselves to Rodgers I'd see this so differently. I wish we already had a season of Love under the belt, good or bad. 

1. I want Rodgers and Barry gone, minimum, but I won't cry for anyone else either up to and including MLF. Except Rich Bisaccia. He can stay. 

2. If Rodgers insists on staying, and everyone goes for it, not much we can do. I still want Barry gone. 

3. If Barry isn't gone, I want LaFleur gone. I will be sour grapes about this team all year. He would have to blind to not see that that was a schit hire from day 1. 

4. If Rodgers and Barry are gone, I give Gutey and LaFleur one year to convincingly make the playoffs with Love. They can lose their first time around, but they gotta make it. They should be able to at least accomplish what the Giants did this year. 

Obviously I have no ultimatum power like LLCheesehead does or whatever, nor do I have delusions that I do, these are just turns of phrase. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He did, but not that much more was shown. He really just had that half against Dallas. And Love had 2 drives against Philly. I also think Rodgers’ personality will naturally lead to more division than Favre’s, as he was just more “fun-loving”. Rodgers just seems like a prick most of the time, so when he’s not playing well and is rolling his eyes or yelling at his WR it doesn’t come off well.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And that’s where you’re wrong.

Thirty years ago, you just enjoy a Rodgers or Favre.

In today’s NFL, you’re never more than five years from an elite QB if you have the right head coach.

It's wild to me that folks paint Rodgers as the only one taking flak, when half the forum discussions (at least where I was posting) in '07 through 2010 and then from...2013-2018 were about how much Thompson and McCarthy sucked.

And now we can include MLF/Gute in that.

• Like 2

Just now, packerstk7 said:

He did, but not that much more was shown. He really just had that half against Dallas. And Love had 2 drives against Philly. I also think Rodgers’ personality will naturally lead to more division than Favre’s, as he was just more “fun-loving”. Rodgers just seems like a prick most of the time, so when he’s not playing well and is rolling his eyes or yelling at his WR it doesn’t come off well.

I find it very poetic that the last thing I saw before I shut the TV off was Rodgers pushing a camera guy away from him in the tunnel and saying something snippy to him. Not that I blame him at all in that moment, it's just the perfect thing to potentially end on.