Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

I'm sort of glad we lost.  The Lions played with more poise than the Packers.  We did stupid things at crucial moments, they did not.

The defense folded again in the fourth quarter of a close game in the playoffs (this was sort of a play off game).

The offense couldn't score touchdowns.

Rodgers threw his pick late in the game on a stupid throw.  So much for difference maker.  $50 million a year for that.  

Jones fumbled again in a big game (and I like Jones but this has got to stop).

LeFleur went for it on 4th and 1 in the first quarter when we were up 3-0.  Talk about giving the Lions some positive momentum.

What was #29 thinking...or for that matter #7.

Add them up and you have a loss AGAIN.

So lets bring Rodgers back and do it AGAIN!!!!!  Trust them when they say it will be DIFFERENT this time.

Just now, minnypackerfan said:

I'm sort of glad we lost.  The Lions played with more poise than the Packers.  We did stupid things at crucial moments, they did not.

The defense folded again in the fourth quarter of a close game in the playoffs (this was sort of a play off game).

The offense couldn't score touchdowns.

Rodgers threw his pick late in the game on a stupid throw.  So much for difference maker.  $50 million a year for that.  

Jones fumbled again in a big game (and I like Jones but this has got to stop).

LeFleur went for it on 4th and 1 in the first quarter when we were up 3-0.  Talk about giving the Lions some positive momentum.

What was #29 thinking...or for that matter #7.

Add them up and you have a loss AGAIN.

So lets bring Rodgers back and do it AGAIN!!!!!  Trust them when they say it will be DIFFERENT this time.

Not to mention quay and Wyatt

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

Listening to Rodgers press conference it sounds like it’s us or retirement. 

Sounds like he doesn't want to go through this rebuild with all the young players anymore.

He referenced it might be time for a new voice to lead this team.

I think he's retiring. 

Just now, packerstk7 said:

His arm isn’t washed but it seems like his mind is. This scheme + Rodgers seem to be done. Just like it did the last 3 years with MM. This time I hope we try the opposite approach and get rid of Rodgers. He’s almost done regardless, so if we still suck on offense with MLF and Love we won’t have missed out on that much.

Our offensive line has really let him down in these last 2 elimination losses as well. 

Perhaps.  

I just question some of the stuff that we do, that wouldn't work with Love, or Joe Montana, or Doctor Football.  Like running pitches to AJ Dillon to the short side of the field, or the end arounds with Lazard.

The OL is an interesting problem too.  I can't tell if Myers and Runyan are good, or if they stink.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Meanwhile, former Packers FO member John Schneider just watched his Seahawks make the playoffs after he finessed Denver for a haul of picks while not sabotaging the cap

7th seed and a top 5 pick in 1st sand 2nd round

• Like 1