Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Perhaps.  

I just question some of the stuff that we do, that wouldn't work with Love, or Joe Montana, or Doctor Football.  Like running pitches to AJ Dillon to the short side of the field, or the end arounds with Lazard.

The OL is an interesting problem too.  I can't tell if Myers and Runyan are good, or if they stink.  

Yeah those are the things that really make me scratch my head with MLF. Those don’t change regardless of who the QB is.

44 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I called it. Lol

I sensed this when players and coaches are talking about vikings, instead of Lions last Wednesday.

There are huge mistakes all around from the players and shot themselves on foot multiple times. 

Worst that Matt Lafluer also didn’t see this coming. 

I put a hundy on the lions, money line and won 195,  was fairly sure we would lose once Seattle won, Murphy law on my happiness and all, was willing to bribe the gods my 100 for a win, even up 200 I am so livid I’ve come to accept the fact I won’t sleep one minute before my 7am Monday full of meetings. Assume might get exhausted enough to get some sleep maybe Wed night if I take some NiQuill or some ****.

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

Last year was the time to move on from Rodgers.   Gute failed that.

If he was too frightened to move on, he still could have kept him on the old contract.   Instead, he gave him the ridiculous deal that now puts the future at risk.

The OL failed for most of this season.   We kept a punt returner in there most everyone could see was no answer. Potentially only to try and save face for the GM and his below level draft history.

The start to improvement going forward begins with changes at the top of the organization.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Listening to Rodgers press conference it sounds like it’s us or retirement. 

Why it got to be us or retirement?

Why cant be just us if he really wants to play. 

This is the perfect time for team to move on..

Last year, its tough for Gute to move on as Arod is coming of MVP season.

He can’t confuse team forever.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Meanwhile, former Packers FO member John Schneider just watched his Seahawks make the playoffs after he finessed Denver for a haul of picks while not sabotaging the cap

This is noteworthy. This is exactly what @Outpost31and I have been clamoring for for years.

Trade your flailing, expensive QB. 

and still ******* make the playoffs.

we should have been them, but even better because it's future of Love vs Geno.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers will be back next year.  LaFleur in his press conference is already pining for his return.  He doesn't have the guts to do football without the guy.

The LeFleur should be fired.  Which he should be anyway.  He is at best an offensive coordinator....not a head coach.

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

It's wild to me that folks paint Rodgers as the only one taking flak, when half the forum discussions (at least where I was posting) in '07 through 2010 and then from...2013-2018 were about how much Thompson and McCarthy sucked.

And now we can include MLF/Gute in that.

It is never one person's fault.  Not even Brandon Bostick.  And yes, I count the entire FO as one person, and depending on the case, the FO and HC and his staff may be one person as well.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This is noteworthy. This is exactly what @Outpost31and I have been clamoring for for years.

This is the thing that drove Packers fans nuts about TT, but I absolutely loved. We never got stuck with old players. I miss TT. I thought Gute had more of that in him. Then again, not many NFL-grade GMs would have had TT's cahones in taking the PR hit. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

and Rodgers would get an extra pick or two over Wilson

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Last year was the time to move on from Rodgers.   Gute failed that.

If he was too frightened to move on, he still could have kept him on the old contract.   Instead, he gave him the ridiculous deal that now puts the future at risk.

The OL failed for most of this season.   We kept a punt returner in there most everyone could see was no answer. Potentially only to try and save face for the GM and his below level draft history.

The start to improvement going forward begins with changes at the top of the organization.

You know, there's truly only ONE GM in the NFL that would've made the ballsy move to get rid of AR.

And he's the one who got rid of Russ.

• Like 1

Just now, Zycho32 said:

You know, there's truly only ONE GM in the NFL that would've made the ballsy move to get rid of AR.

And he's the one who got rid of Russ.

But you never know if they can get better by trading russ.

Russ playing well after Hackett got fired.

Decesion  is still up in the air…

• Like 1