Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy and JFK was assassinated by our own government or like four other possibilities.

There were multiple guns.

What if it was the same time traveler arriving multiple times firing the same gun?

Then would it still be multiple guns if it was just a time displaced duplicate of the original gun?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

He was heated in the moment but I don’t even know what he was doing standing over the player that long after the play. No excuse but hopefully the youngster grows up from that. He had a sideline incident earlier this year. Got to get your head on straight. 

My guess is he thought it was a player that was shoving him out of the way and he reacted before seeing or realizing it was a staff member.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Weird deal .. I think he had some concern for the player (Swift, a former teammate) that was being intended too, but when  he got nudged he lost his head and shoved the guy.  It was so stupid .. got to wonder if Walker is a mental midget.  There's really no wondering  .. he's a dip****.

Walker’s reaction in the tunnel was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen from a grown man. I think he’s super sensitive.  He reminded me of Lennie in Of Mice and Men.

Just now, Striker said:

What if it was the same time traveler arriving multiple times firing the same gun?

Then would it still be multiple guns if it was just a time displaced duplicate of the original gun?

I can’t say that’s impossible.

18 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Meanwhile, former Packers FO member John Schneider just watched his Seahawks make the playoffs after he finessed Denver for a haul of picks while not sabotaging the cap

It is always great to me when Ron Wolf is brought up.  The king of telling you who he would have drafted 3 years after a draft.  Also the guy that took Vonnie Holliday over Randy Moss, then drafted 3 DBs because we couldn't stop Randy Moss.

Yeah, he got Favre and White to come to GB and laid the foundation for a SB team.  He is far from infallible though.

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

My guess is he thought it was a player that was shoving him out of the way and he reacted before seeing or realizing it was a staff member.

Prolly so.  I mean, not even a booger-eating moron would shove a member of a training staff tending to an injured player.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Walker’s reaction in the tunnel was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen from a grown man. I think he’s super sensitive.  He reminded me of Lennie in Of Mice and Men.

He was just super emotional.  They shouldn’t have shown that. He was wrong, and keeping it together on the field and once thousands of eyes were off of him, he cracked. I guess cameras are allowed everywhere but let the guy have his moment. That’s my take, anyway. 

This is probably the least pissed I’ve been from an elimination game even if it was an awful choke. They weren’t gonna win it all and walk away with a pretty solid draft pick position and a lot of young talent that will be better next year. 

I just hope that last defensive stand is reaffirmed for MlF that Barry isn’t it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think this is a good discussion to be had when we get into full offseason mode.  I think that there are a few different aspects to it though.

1.  Was making Stenovich the OC and Butkus the OL coach too much too soon?

2.  Were we expecting more from Newman, Hanson, Rhyan, Jenkins on the right side, or were they just going to weather the storm?

3.  What do you do with Nijman? He is a RFA.  Do Tom and Walker and Jones make him expendable, likely for no compensation?

4.  Are Myers and/or Runyan guys that we should be active in trying to replace?

I really feel that the OL was not what we expected, especially at the beginning of the season, and that helped the team dig a hole that was too large to climb out of. It did seem to get better late in the season, but is that fixable?  I think that the OL getting better also seemed to coincide with Rodgers getting a little healthier and Watson becoming healthy.

1. I don't think Stenovich was much of a Plus at OC, but I don't think Butkus was necessarily worse at OL.
2. We were expecting Jenkins to have recovered from his ACL and obliged him at RT. We expected Newman to take a step forward from last year, and maybe Rhyan to have shown any sort of promise. As for Hanson, he just benefited from a stubborn coaching staff in Week 1 and was promptly shelved afterwards.
3. I think you tender an offer to Nij regardless of Tom and the others. In the first place, Walker and Jones aren't ready. In the second, Tom's better served as a third Tackle until he bulks up.
4. Not so much active, but at least observant. If anything I consider them on par with guys like Lane Taylor and Lucas Patrick- guys who stepped up but could probably be replaceable if the right situation came along.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Seen that from multiple players in tunnels after getting eliminated. 

But nevertheless, he is not a type of guy who will targets opponents head or necks and injure them.

he got eliminated for two small shoves and he was a bit disappointed with himself i guess. 

13 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

It sounded more like he wants to hang it up. But that’s just me analyzing it and reading into it. He doesn’t seem like a guy who wants to go to another team and show he still has it. Which would be admirable if he just retires. Not often guys that good play for one team anymore. I’d like the picks if we could trick some team into a 1st +.

It’s still early, and in the shadow of a loss, but he gave the impression that it’s a real possibility that he walks away.  That’s the first time I’ve believed him when he’s talked about it. I’d still bet a dollar he’s back under center one final year but there will be some off season drama as long as he doesn’t declare what he wants to do. The team might be ready to move on, but the contract means it’s really all on 12. 

Edited by Refugee

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is always great to me when Ron Wolf is brought up.  The king of telling you who he would have drafted 3 years after a draft.  Also the guy that took Vonnie Holliday over Randy Moss, then drafted 3 DBs because we couldn't stop Randy Moss.

Yeah, he got Favre and White to come to GB and laid the foundation for a SB team.  He is far from infallible though.

The old timer beat writers would have a hard time admitting that. It’s also based on one season sample. Didn’t look like a dumb decision last year ( aside from the playoff game lol)