Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is probably the least pissed I’ve been from an elimination game even if it was an awful choke. They weren’t gonna win it all and walk away with a pretty solid draft pick position and a lot of young talent that will be better next year. 

I just hope that last defensive stand is reaffirmed for MlF that Barry isn’t it. 

Least pissed because you, like the rest of Packer nation, has become numb this level of disappointment.  And yeah, knowing what we know about this team, I’m glad we don’t have to travel to SF for another humiliating defeat.  But I really wanted a chance at revenge, so maybe that’s why tonight’s loss is still a great disappointment for me.

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

Quay Walker is very good player. I just hope he dont be another A Smith. 

He lost his cool when someone touched him as he looked in on his friend. Mention him with A. smith when he’s beating people up and having illegal weapons off the field lol. 

Quay made a couple dumb decisions as a rookie but overall I liked the attitude he brought to the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

Seen that from multiple players in tunnels after getting eliminated. 

But nevertheless, he is not a type of guy who will targets opponents head or necks and injure them.

he got eliminated for two small shoves and he was a bit disappointed with himself i guess. 

Both instances for Quay were retaliatory.  He was contacted by the trainers first, but he very much overreacted.  I don't think he is dirty, but I do think he is too emotional and needs to think before he just acts out like that.  I can see why he did it both times, even though it was a really dumb move.  100% deserved penalties, and likely fines.  

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He lost his cool when someone touched him as he looked in on his friend. Mention him with A. smith when he’s beating people up and having illegal weapons off the field lol. 

Quay made a couple dumb decisions as a rookie but overall I liked the attitude he brought to the team. 

I’d forgotten Swift was a former teammate, and was wondering why he was still hovering around. Either way, he caught an ejection in Buffalo shoving a guy on the sideline. Not a good look and he has to learn to channel that between the whistle. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think the org also needs to seriously look at making lambeau a harder place to play later in the season

I think MLF mentioned it when he first came aboard then they tried out some flickering lights after a TD and a horn and that didn’t even stick. 

What can they do to help with that? Genuinely interested.

31 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Last year was the time to move on from Rodgers.   Gute failed that.

If he was too frightened to move on, he still could have kept him on the old contract.   Instead, he gave him the ridiculous deal that now puts the future at risk.

The OL failed for most of this season.   We kept a punt returner in there most everyone could see was no answer. Potentially only to try and save face for the GM and his below level draft history.

The start to improvement going forward begins with changes at the top of the organization.

Unfortunately 

Gutekunst and LaFleur signed contract extensions last summer.

Murphy remains until 2025.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

The old timer beat writers would have a hard time admitting that. It’s also based on one season sample. Didn’t look like a dumb decision last year ( aside from the playoff game lol)

That is the twist, isn't it? I greatly acknowledge the greatness of Ron Wolf.  We had nothing to cheer for until he (and Bob Harlan) turned the team around, and we have been good ever since.  But just like his mentor, Al Davis, Wolf made some bad mistakes.  He just seems to get a pass more often.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is the twist, isn't it? I greatly acknowledge the greatness of Ron Wolf.  We had nothing to cheer for until he (and Bob Harlan) turned the team around, and we have been good ever since.  But just like his mentor, Al Davis, Wolf made some bad mistakes.  He just seems to get a pass more often.  

Winning a Super Bowl will do that.

3 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

What can they do to help with that? Genuinely interested.

Probably nothing that is legal or ethical.  Get some 25-45 year old diehards tickets instead of Gene and Barb who have had the seats since Lombardi, and the crowd is probably more rowdy.  But how do you kick out those old, and very loyal, fans? There really isn't a good way to do that.  Perhaps you can crack down on season ticket holders whose seats are commonly filled by opposing fans as well.