Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

TT won a Super Bowl, and people still hate him.  

[edit]

not all people, obviously.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Not for Thompson/McCarthy.

I'll amend that then; Winning a Super Bowl after twenty-plus years of total mediocrity dotted with craters of SUCK will do that. Winning one in between extensive periods of 'ooooh, just short' campaigns, probably not so much.

8 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Unfortunately 

Gutekunst and LaFleur signed contract extensions last summer.

Murphy remains until 2025.

What exactly is the issue with Murphy though?  His job is to make sure the Packers are profitable and that the GM is steering the team in the right direction.  So far, the team is making profits.  And Gutekunst has had his team in the playoffs 4 of 6 seasons (or is it 4 of 5?)

Murphy also has to retire in 2025 because his term is over, so he doesn't hang around the team well past his usefulness like McCasky or Jerry Jones.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

His play calling is trash .. at least with Rodgers at the helm.

I really think we need to see Love play so we can see if LaFleur can actually run his offense.  If Love and the offense fall on it's face then launch LaFleur into the sun.

Is it the play calling or the execution?

Edited by Pugger

25 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Unfortunately 

Gutekunst and LaFleur signed contract extensions last summer.

Murphy remains until 2025.

Gutey brought Nixon, Rudy, Watson, Quay, Tom, Enegbare, Wyatt, Doubs, et all in 2022 with very limited financial resources. All of those guys legitimately looked good and are likely to improve. I’m not dogging on gutey much if he can do something like that again this off season even if it comes with a Watkins minor mistake.

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Quay clearly saw that he was shoving a trainer and not a player.  He’s getting flamed “bigly” on Twitter by damn near everybody.  I actually feel bad for the kid - this was his last play of his rookie season.

Very stupid behavior that's deservedly getting backlash/flamed over. Not even the first time this season he's done this crap.

1 hour ago, MuFF said:

Man just a lot to swallow right now... Atrocious performance and absolutely a game that we should have won, and what's tough is it feels so much like the SF game, and is really a microcosm of the whole season. 

Defense plays mostly okay but just so not clutch -- the 2 minute drive at the end of the half, the four minute at the end of the half, boneheaded 3rd/4th down defense.

Some really questionable offensive decisions -- for the third straight year, another questionable starting OL decision, awful 4th down call

Horrible execution offensively, when Rodgers happens to play well, others guys let him down, but Rodgers again showing he's just not going to be able to play effectively into January, especially in the cold

More Quay and Rasul antics.

Would've loved this one but maybe it's better the team lost. They are far, far away from being a SB contender and sneaking into the playoffs may have been enough for more status quo. Some tough decisions to be made and not a lot of cap or draft capital to solve problems. 

I for one am relieved.  This isn't a playoff caliber team and the thought of going to SF again and getting our rears handed to us again is something I wanted no part of.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

What can they do to help with that? Genuinely interested.

Impose a maximum age limit. 😂 

I don’t know, pump in noise like the queens do,  anything to make it harder to play at instead of the intense focus of making it a family friendly theme park destination haha