Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Is the play calling or the execution?

Even with perfect blocking, do you think that AJ Dillon gets to the edge and turns up field before a defensive back can get to the hole? Keep in mind, even though Dillon is a larger man, he is also moving slower and changing direction too.  It is not using him in an area where he has the advantage.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rthom348 said:

And good on you for that. Where you lose me is the over the top hatred for our star player, who has literally given us some of the greatest moments in Packer history. If we never had Rodgers, this franchise likely would’ve gone back to being like the Browns, Lions, etc. Rodgers isn’t perfect by any means, but he’s one of the most legendary players ever and people just sh*t on the guy. There’s just hardly any appreciation amongst the fans in here and it’s a downer to see. I defend Rodgers because he gets tons of hate. I don’t love every player we’ve had, but I’d also defend any Packers player, because they play for the team I root for. Some just take the criticism way too far. 

I'm afraid these haters won't miss him until he is gone.  When we go back to being like we were pre-1992 fans here will be singing a different tune.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I'm afraid these haters won't miss him until he is gone.  When we go back to being like we were pre-1992 fans here will be singing a different tune.

I won't miss him even if we're bad for the next 40 years. He didn't carry us once this year. Everything ends. 

• Like 1

lol I always love the old timers takes that always turn out to be so wrong. It's been 30 years. We're never going back to pre-1992. We're a global brand and have a system in place that'll always keep us competitive. It wasn't just 12 or 4 that had us winning games for 30 years, it was a process. 

And even if we go back to sucking, I welcome it. After years of having our hearts ripped out by this current version of the franchise, I'll gladly enjoy seasons with no expectations and being able to dive into the draft like I used to. Either way, it's a win-win for me and, either way, I'll still be a fan of this team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Meanwhile, former Packers FO member John Schneider just watched his Seahawks make the playoffs after he finessed Denver for a haul of picks while not sabotaging the cap

I seriously doubt Seattle will fare any better than we would have in SF next weekend.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I haven't heard the presser.  Is he hinting he wants to be in GB or else retire?  From what I heard MFL wants AR back.

He didn't sound enthused to the question of if he would play for another team just said I'll never say never. It def sounded like its either Packers or retirement. 

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

Last year was the time to move on from Rodgers.   Gute failed that.

If he was too frightened to move on, he still could have kept him on the old contract.   Instead, he gave him the ridiculous deal that now puts the future at risk.

The OL failed for most of this season.   We kept a punt returner in there most everyone could see was no answer. Potentially only to try and save face for the GM and his below level draft history.

The start to improvement going forward begins with changes at the top of the organization.

If Gute did that he'd be the first GM in league history to trade away a reigning MVP.  Unfortunately for us no one foresaw AR's decline in 2022.  I do agree giving him that deal was ridiculous.

The OL was a mess because our 2 best linemen were coming off major injuries.  We did finally find a gem in Nixon.  We finally have a good ST coach too.