Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

3 hours ago, craig said:

Will be interesting to see how the secondary plays it, after having Jaire mirror Jefferson last week. Just go back to the softer zone?  

I don't feel like Goff has a great arm, and supposedly he doesn't have real big hands for cold-weather throwing.  So I'm not sure I totally fear his deep ball.

If Barry doesn't play the same D as last week he should be fired immediately.  That soft zone sucks ... he figured that out last week and went to the player's strengths in the secondary.  No reason for Jaire to not take their best wr and blanket him all night long.

Edited by coachbuns

4 hours ago, craig said:

Will be interesting to see how the secondary plays it, after having Jaire mirror Jefferson last week. Just go back to the softer zone?  

I don't feel like Goff has a great arm, and supposedly he doesn't have real big hands for cold-weather throwing.  So I'm not sure I totally fear his deep ball.

The Lions are running the ball more effectively than Minnesota, so they may need to account for that. Especially with them utilizing Swift more than they were when they played in November.

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The only way we lose is if Jamaal goes OFF. And my heart would be so happy to see his little dances that id forget that our season was over.

Jamaal the best personality in the league.

I love J.Willy. I love to see him get down and dance but Lambeau is going to be like that town in Footloose Sunday Night.  No dancing for you, Jamaal!

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-vs-packers-draws-referee-181304010.html

This will be Rogers’ first assignment with the Packers all season. He was the referee in New York when the Lions beat the Giants back in Week 11. His crew lands in the middle of the range for penalties called by a crew. The home/away splits on calls are pretty neutral, with 89 on the home team and 84 on the road team. Rogers and his crew are near the bottom in holding calls on both offense and defense but have thrown the third-most roughing-the-passer flags of the 17 NFL crews in 2022.

Every non Packers fan gonna be rooting for Detroit in this one for obvious reasons, especially if Seattle finds a way to lose earlier in the day(not confident of that). Used to the Packers being villains since they're one of the playoff mainstays, and fans love to see new teams/franchises getting their opportunities. Hoping the Pack absolutely demolish Detroit like they did Minny this past week. Rodgers gotta be taking this game personally I'd imagine, especially since his first matchup vs them was seriously one of the worst games of his career

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Is it fair to say that if #12 has another stink bomb of a game that the Packers should move on from him this off-season?  I say yes.  This is why they pay him 50 mil per. 

My knee jerk reaction is to say "yes".  But really, it wouldn't be.

He's been meh for most of the year.  Probably hanging around the top 10'ish area for QB's.

Hand injury to blame and inexperienced WR's.

Even if he stinks, I think it is fair to say he can come back better next year, just by being healthy and having live reps with these WR's.

The Lions, whether or not the Seahags win or lose, are going to play their guts out.

In their dome, I would have some reservations.  On our frozen tundra, I don't give them much of a chance no matter how good they play.  We are simply the better team and are on a role, a healthy one.

The Packers as a team can not look past this game, or any game.  Just saying I am.  This is a win.

6 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The Lions, whether or not the Seahags win or lose, are going to play their guts out.

In their dome, I would have some reservations.  On our frozen tundra, I don't give them much of a chance no matter how good they play.  We are simply the better team and are on a role, a healthy one.

The Packers as a team can not look past this game, or any game.  Just saying I am.  This is a win.

The Lions pretty much stink on the road, but I still think the Packers need to bring the intensity like they did last week against the Vikings.  Aaron has to play pretty much mistake free football.  He was awful in the last matchup and cost us a win.  Lets just get a solid performance from all three phases and we will be fine.

People seem to be forgetting that he couldnt take a snap from under center comfortably in the last matchup. He also said watson was a big part of the game plan then went down.

Everything was wrong about that matchup and we still almost won. Lions are bad at football, we win in a laugher otw to destroying cowboys 49ers vikings bills for the owl.

Man - I am worried a bit.

Everyone is acting like we are playing Texans and Packers will have an automatic win. 

Lions are very dangerous team and Dan Campbell can use this media showing disrespect thing to players and bring 150% out of the team. 

If they start playing extreme physical which they are capable of doing, we might be in real tough spot. 

I hope Matt Lafluer is taking notes of all these.