Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Actually, Rodger's QB rating was about 84, just a little below Jared "Small Hands" Goff. Think about it. Rodgers was outplayed by Jared Goff. Jared. Goff. 

I'm not surprised at all. It was basically a playoff game. So you get playoff Rodgers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Citation needed.

Any bit of complaining about drops is immediately cancelled out by the Lions dropping a couple and a penalty saving him another. 

Not complaining about drops.

In big games, you need your key guys to step up. The keys guys on offence didn't. Its that simple - same as last year.

The easy and lazy way out is to blame Rodgers. But the offence didn't turn up. The line struggled badly, the receivers couldn't catch, even AJ let us down with a very costly fumble. Rodgers failed in Q4 which is when you want your best guys to turn up. 

It was a collective failure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Have you EVER not responded to criticism of Rodgers by bashing the Offensive Line???

Rodgers was only sacked twice.

Rodgers got outplayed by Goff. 

He was under pressure a ton. But **** he should be better

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The line sucked last night, so did Rodgers. It was a combined suck. When the two of them held up and graded plus, the receiver would suck on that given play.

We need to get Runyan out of the starting 5 and Myers head out of his *** this offseason. Myers over Humphrey continues to be a baffling head scratcher by our evaluation team.

It was just a collective failure

• The OL failed
  • Receivers couldn't catch
  • Jones fumble
  • Rodgers problems

It just didn't work - offence struggled in every area.  Maybe we just bottled it.  Until this game, we had nothing to lose, now we had everything to lose. 

Rodgers sucked in Q4, but if your line is out-played,  your receivers can't catch and your running back fumbles in  a critical area then you are in trouble regardless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Have you EVER not responded to criticism of Rodgers by bashing the Offensive Line???

Rodgers was only sacked twice.

Rodgers got outplayed by Goff. 

Honestly you make me laugh

You are as bad as the pure Rodgers fan boys. Any time people are critical of the OL or WR you go into ultra-defensive mode scared stiff that any criticism of them can be used to defend Rodgers. You need to get your blinkers off.

Its possible for Rodgers to play badly and for the OL and WR to let him down you know. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And they did let him down - in a game like this you need your receivers to be able to catch and when your line is outplayed its a lot harder.

But Rodgers is paid a huge amount of money. And when you are paid that much, you are expected to try and work round these things.

Rodgers wasn't the problem. But he wasn't the answer either which with his pay packet you expect him to be. I hope he retires - he is pushing 40 was probably affected by injuries significantly this year and at his age that's going to be more and more of an issue along with physical decline. There's a reason why most QBs are long retired at 40.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The line sucked last night, so did Rodgers. It was a combined suck. When the two of them held up and graded plus, the receiver would suck on that given play.

We need to get Runyan out of the starting 5 and Myers head out of his *** this offseason. Myers over Humphrey continues to be a baffling head scratcher by our evaluation team.

Once Tom got subbed in, the pass protection was fine. Nijman just didn't have it. 

But that was only for like a quarter. 

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Honestly you make me laugh

You are as bad as the pure Rodgers fan boys. Any time people are critical of the OL or WR you go into ultra-defensive mode scared stiff that any criticism of them can be used to defend Rodgers. You need to get your blinkers off.

Its possible for Rodgers to play badly and for the OL and WR to let him down you know. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And they did let him down - in a game like this you need your receivers to be able to catch and when your line is outplayed its a lot harder.

But Rodgers is paid a huge amount of money. And when you are paid that much, you are expected to try and work round these things.

Rodgers wasn't the problem. But he wasn't the answer either which with his pay packet you expect him to be. I hope he retires - he is pushing 40 was probably affected by injuries significantly this year and at his age that's going to be more and more of an issue along with physical decline. There's a reason why most QBs are long retired at 40.

Ridiculous

Rodgers was absolutely a huge part of the problem. Homeboy kept trying to give the Lions the ball. 

This sentence just demonstrates how ****ed up the mindset of our fanbase is. Every supposition starts out with the idea that the QB can't be a net negative. 

6 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

As bad as rodgers was, Mlf definity shipped the bed in this game too. Did not need to be so aggressive on our own 30 at home against an inferior team. Chill alaska was a garbage play design. 

Aj dillon and jones too.

Maybe j reed played well, wyatt had a nice sack, clark not dominant though. 

This was a total team loss. 

The Defense gave up 17 points to an Offense averaging 27 points per game. 

The Offense scored 16 points against a Defense giving up 25 points per game. 

How the **** is this a total team loss????

This is an offensive loss. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I couldn't watch the most important game of the year because some ******* in Madison tboned me at an intersection. I'll take full responsibility for this loss boys.

Everyone okay? 

And I guess you have 2 positives from this... new car, and you didn't have to watch the Packers shrivel under pressure again.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Everyone okay? 

And I guess you have 2 positives from this... new car, and you didn't have to watch the Packers shrivel under pressure again.

Thankfully by myself. Left leg is pretty jacked up but I'll be good. I heal fast. Good thing I was in my old work truck. The real question is are we seriously  going to keep Joe Barry? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Defense gave up 17 points to an Offense averaging 27 points per game. 

The Offense scored 16 points against a Defense giving up 25 points per game. 

How the **** is this a total team loss????

This is an offensive loss. 

Lack of turnovers on defense.

Multiple careless penalties and the ejection.

Defense couldnt stop them to give offense a final chance.