Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

Watching the first matchup on replay. First drive we ran it down their throats, pitched it to TEs and moved the ball easily. 12 bounces one off a LB helmet in the redzone for a pick. We come close to picking them off a few times before the stop and short field. In that short time Runyan, Doubs and Stokes go down. Nixon steps in for Stokes, we are down to a couple WR with injuries. 4&2 at the goal, 12 decides to throw to 69, another EZ pick.

I forgot about the multiple bad breaks to start this one. We owe these guys and we’re playing on grass as the game was intended to be played, not carpet on concrete. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Refugee said:

Watching the first matchup on replay. First drive we ran it down their throats, pitched it to TEs and moved the ball easily. 12 bounces one off a LB helmet in the redzone for a pick. We come close to picking them off a few times before the stop and short field. In that short time Runyan, Doubs and Stokes go down. Nixon steps in for Stokes, we are down to a couple WR with injuries. 4&2 at the goal, 12 decides to throw to 69, another EZ pick.

I forgot about the multiple bad breaks to start this one. We owe these guys and we’re playing on grass as the game was intended to be played, not carpet on concrete. 

I totally agree about the grass.

I'm selfish. I don't want it to end. They need to win. It's super fun watching the game(s). The tension, the near misses, the hits, soo good.  When I watch other games from other teams, it is boring. Such a weird psychological and social effect. GPG.

• Like 2

It's pretty ridiculous that the team have managed to get it back to this situation but also a bit frustrating since the offensive and defensive (and special teams!) adjustments have been so obvious to so many of us for so long.

Still, what was it a 1.4% chance for the playoffs after the Eagles loss? Its in our hands so our playoffs basically start on Sunday. 

Still... I'll be happy when Jamaal gets himself to 6-7 yards (hopefully somewhere in the 4th quarter) for a 1,000 season to go with his 15 TD's. He got a 6mn/2yr deal with Detroit in 2021, he turns 28 in April and is a UFA. He will probably get only a 2 (maybe 3 max) year deal, but Spongebob should be getting himself paid properly in next few months and I'm delighted for the guy. 

16 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

It's pretty ridiculous that the team have managed to get it back to this situation but also a bit frustrating since the offensive and defensive (and special teams!) adjustments have been so obvious to so many of us for so long.

Still, what was it a 1.4% chance for the playoffs after the Eagles loss? Its in our hands so our playoffs basically start on Sunday. 

Still... I'll be happy when Jamaal gets himself to 6-7 yards (hopefully somewhere in the 4th quarter) for a 1,000 season to go with his 15 TD's. He got a 6mn/2yr deal with Detroit in 2021, he turns 28 in April and is a UFA. He will probably get only a 2 (maybe 3 max) year deal, but Spongebob should be getting himself paid properly in next few months and I'm delighted for the guy. 

this is a team that could not run the ball to save their lives against the panthers/vikings/away at the bears.

we would dominant their rushing attack if wyatt wasn't such a bust. 

Edited by HokieHigh

On 1/5/2023 at 11:50 AM, incognito_man said:

Not only is "everyone" not acting like this, it seems like absolutely nobody is...

I don’t think anyone is saying the Lions aren’t good, it’s more that after the dominance last week and winning 4 straight the expectations are high.

On 1/5/2023 at 11:50 AM, incognito_man said:

Not only is "everyone" not acting like this, it seems like absolutely nobody is...

lolol that dude was the one that came in here after the MIN win and was like "i told you so blah blah blah blah blah atoadaso atoadaso" like we already made the playoffs and I replied to him and said don't do this yet we're not in. And now he's telling us we aren't in lol

******* atoadso clowns.