Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

Well since guys are all calling it I'll say I put a fork in them with that loss against TN.  Never thought they would have a win and in chance.  Didn't think they could go down to Miami and win first off.  A lot had to go right for them to be in this position.  Vikes Bears LA had confidence they could win those games.  

Didn't think Seattle and Washington would completely melt down.  Also didn't know that we owned any tie breakers either.  Figured 10-7 was needed to get it done and even then not a sure thing. 

Whatever we are here now.  One more to go and it's no gimme.  Have no doubt if the Pack plays with the same intensity they did against the Vikes we'll win going away.  Question is will they?  

Win or lose, playoffs or no playoffs, the Lions have to make this a game about the future.

The Lions are the youngest team in the league and have taken some great strides. This is the time for them to put an exclamation point on their season and let the Packers know that from now on, when you see Detroit on that schedule, home or away, you got a tough day coming.

What all Lions players and fans want to see, is Lions-Packers become like Steelers-Ravens or Cowboys-Eagles. A real rivalry. Teams who don't like each other, but respect that they have to put that extra effort in when their weeks to play come around.

So yes it'll be great if the Rams win and the game is for a playoff spot for both teams. But it doesn't matter if it isn't. It also matters less if the Lions win, as it does that they come out there and whoop some Packers' ***** and let em know you can expect more of this for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Win or lose, playoffs or no playoffs, the Lions have to make this a game about the future.

The Lions are the youngest team in the league and have taken some great strides. This is the time for them to put an exclamation point on their season and let the Packers know that from now on, when you see Detroit on that schedule, home or away, you got a tough day coming.

What all Lions players and fans want to see, is Lions-Packers become like Steelers-Ravens or Cowboys-Eagles. A real rivalry. Teams who don't like each other, but respect that they have to put that extra effort in when their weeks to play come around.

So yes it'll be great if the Rams win and the game is for a playoff spot for both teams. But it doesn't matter if it isn't. It also matters less if the Lions win, as it does that they come out there and whoop some Packers' ***** and let em know you can expect more of this for the foreseeable future.

Oh great, now this twit takes over for the NOFLYZONE guy.  Honestly, do Packer fans go onto the next opponents forum and spew idiocy?  

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Oh great, now this twit takes over for the NOFLYZONE guy.  Honestly, do Packer fans go onto the next opponents forum and spew idiocy?  

Come on man! He's finally got a team they believe in. I didn't find anything he said offensive. I go into the other division forums occasionally and post. @SteelKing728comes in here occasionally and post, always respectful and in good nature. 

What is the point of a rivalry is you can't talk to one another about it. 

That no fly zone guy was just a complete tool. I think this was an unfair comparison. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Lions have a lot of young talent on the offense and a likely top 6 pick in the draft. The defense really is a player or two away. I expect them to be the team we're most worried about in the division for awhile.

How do you feel about Goff? Placeholder for the next QB or does he really seem like he could be the answer?

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Lions have a lot of young talent on the offense and a likely top 6 pick in the draft. The defense really is a player or two away. I expect them to be the team we're most worried about in the division for awhile.

How do you feel about Goff? Placeholder for the next QB or does he really seem like he could be the answer?

it's hard to say. but if he can do what he's doing now, going long stretches of time without a turnover and running a very efficient short-to-medium game, then the flaws in his game sure seem a lot easier to accept. The way he's playing now, he can win if the Lions improve their overall roster and the defense.

I can say that I'm more than OK with the Lions not drafting a QB high this coming year, though I'd like them to take a shot at a later round guy to upgrade their backup and maybe find a future starter.