Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

like I said 40 pages ago it's hard to get up for this game given who we would've played.  If it was the vikings that's one thing

this is so true. i was dreading hearing about Mr. Irrelevant beating Rodgers and probably having a crazy game. 

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

The team is bad because we are paying 1 dude an obnoxious portion of the cap and he’s not even a game manager. 

Thats not true. Jesus, im tired of this nonsense. Look at the money and draft capital spent on defense. Why did they under perform all year? Is that 12’s fault?

Davante left to play with his college teammate. Would this team look like this if hed stayed? Rodgers has had a high cap hit for a very long time and its never stopped them from fielding a competitive team.

I just know we will come into next year looking almost the same because “Watson and Doubs will be in year 2” and that will be the rationale for not making any changes by Gute. And Barry will keep his job because the defense improved over the last 4 weeks despite not being able to stop a team in such obvious ways.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers wanted to keep his jersey from the game tonight. He knows he's not coming back here. The worst part is he'll retire, and we won't get **** in return. 

Yeah we will. We will get negative 40 million dollars because Rodgers is a ***** and Gute’s something worse.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

You gave up while the game was in the balance.  You are a front running quitter.  

Are you happy that you were right when you gave up and we lost?

The outcome was readily apparent.

maybe you should be more concerned with your own idiocy than being mad at me for seeing an obvious conclusion that you couldnt.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Time to start making the moves to position us for SB down the road.

Need a new GM . Let him pick the coach.

Gute has done a poor job mismanaging the QB situation and drafting poorly.   MLF is the most scared, choking big game coach I can remember.

Yes , I don't want Lefraud anywhere need this team in a rebuild ! He just seems to passive ! Can't pin point it , but to me he just doesn't have the make up of a NFL coach !

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Remind me when one player was a team.

You’re crapping on a team to uplift a player.

In no definition of fandom am I in the wrong here.

Rodgers is gone. Not a Packer. Done.

Next year, remember that. Jump ship, Packers fans don’t want you.

I could give a **** what you want.

did you not read earlier in the thread when i put blame on rodgers performance?

i NEVER defended rodgers performance tonight. The difference is, i daid the whole team sucked.

catch me on the street sometime and see what happens. DM me and ill give you my address. Come talk **** in person cocksucker.

Just now, Old Guy said:

We scored 16 points against the worst defense in the NFL. He's paid more money than anybody in the NFL to put points on the board. He didn't do that. 

We had 1 FG go off the bar. We had two drives shortcircuited by a key drop and a fumble. That's probably another 6 at minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I just know we will come into next year looking almost the same because “Watson and Doubs will be in year 2” and that will be the rationale for not making any changes by Gute. And Barry will keep his job because the defense improved over the last 4 weeks despite not being able to stop a team in such obvious ways.

Well that's why we gotta throw Mark Murphy outta here first.  Worst CEO in Packer history or at least tied with the guy who preceeded Bob Harlan.  Replace him, and then fire everyone in the front office and I mean everyone.  That whole building must be fumigated.