General Offseason Discussion

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tough.

Something we have needed. A QB tough as nails. 

Carr with blood in his teeth? Dude would of cried, not congratulated Adams. 

Actually, I take that back, Carr wouldn’t of made the pass at all, because anyone getting close to him, he throws it away or takes the sack. 

I think the main Takeaway from today is that the quarterback can play as well as possible against another team and then what happens is that the other team could score more points or a turnover is meant to happen because the offensive line doesn't block. Honestly, a lot of it was more of the same stuff we've been seeing(besides like the scrambling).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think the main Takeaway from today is that the quarterback can play as well as possible against another team and then what happens is that the other team could score more points or a turnover is meant to happen because the offensive line doesn't block. Honestly, a lot of it was more of the same stuff we've been seeing(besides like the scrambling).

When is the last time you seen 34 points scored on offense? Sure the defense gave up the game against one of the best teams in the league, but if the offense played like this with  Carr ever week I know we would have won more games. 16 points a game wasn't cutting it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

When is the last time you seen 34 points scored on offense? Sure the defense gave up the game against one of the best teams in the league, but if the offense played like this with  Carr ever week I know we would have won more games. 16 points a game wasn't cutting it.

We scored 38 points against the texans we scored 40 against seattle. 

In terms of the "if we played like this with Carr we wouldve won more games" arguement, like I mentioned earlier, the problem with this thought process is that its hypothetical. Think about how that rationale is self defeating. we scored 34 points today and lost so that actually has been proven to be false. It just sounds good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

We scored 38 points against the texans we scored 40 against seattle. 

In terms of the "if we played like this with Carr we wouldve won more games" arguement, like I mentioned earlier, the problem with this thought process is that its hypothetical. Think about how that rationale is self defeating. we scored 34 points today and lost so that actually has been proven to be false. It just sounds good. 

Carr would have not scored 34 against the #1 defense, sorry if you believe that. Houston and Seattle are Bottom 10 defenses. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr would have not scored 34 against the #1 defense, sorry if you believe that. Houston and Seattle are Bottom 10 defenses. 

Hypothetical. It's like saying what Rich Bissacia did last year would not have been sustainable this year or Dave Ziegler is a great drafter or Josh Mcdaniels is going to be a great coach we don't know for sure if that's true because it didn't happen or hasn't happened. It's just theoretical and made up. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Hypothetical. It's like saying what Rich Bissacia did last year would not have been sustainable this year or Dave Ziegler is a great drafter or Josh Mcdaniels is going to be a great coach we don't know for sure if that's true because it didn't happen or hasn't happened. It's just theoretical and made up. 

We have plenty of data how Carr is against: 1) Top Ranked Defenses 2) Dominant DLines 3) Aggressive Defenses

It’s not entirely theoretical. There is a lot of data on Carr over the years to highly suggest what would of happened or likely to happen. 

Carr also doesn’t perform well in the redzone. Two historic things Carr sucks at, Stidham did well today: Aggressive in the redzone and extending plays/avoiding pressure. There is no doubt at all Carr would have taken several sacks today in the same situation. You are just too much of a Carr homer to ever realize it. 

• Like 1

Today was the best case scenario I predicted what could happen.

Stidham looked great and now can return as potentially the starter next season while we develop a rookie. Once the rookie is ready he has the option to being a quality backup. Someone who knows the offense can be a big help for next season l. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The #1 defense didn’t play like it yesterday. Arm tackle after arm tackle after arm tackle — this was the classic letdown game/trap game where the favored team played down to the opposition, and we were just too horrible on O-Line and defense to pull off the upset. Stidham played like a starter, and I’m all about keeping him around next year with a legit chance to win the starting job outright — but there’s no way of knowing that Carr couldn’t have gotten us the W today since the main reason this was a close game was due to the Niners defense not playing like the Niners defense.

Regardless, he’s gone and we’re moving forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We have plenty of data how Carr is against: 1) Top Ranked Defenses 2) Dominant DLines 3) Aggressive Defenses

It’s not entirely theoretical. There is a lot of data on Carr over the years to highly suggest what would of happened or likely to happen. 

Carr also doesn’t perform well in the redzone. Two historic things Carr sucks at, Stidham did well today: Aggressive in the redzone and extending plays/avoiding pressure. There is no doubt at all Carr would have taken several sacks today in the same situation. You are just too much of a Carr homer to ever realize it. 

Yeah but there's also been games or Carr done really well and overcame all of those things so it's not really about I can it be done or not it's about can it be done consistently. 

looking at it from a realistic perspective there are a lot of factors why Stidham performed well yesterday. Example being that they had no film on him and assumed that they weren't going to pass the ball when he went in(And assumption that teams usually make when I'm back up and gets the start and rightly so). It's A reason why it appeared that players were running wide-open. 

Another factor is that Stidham appeared to be more mobile as well which probably wasn't as expected by the Niners. 

these are all factors that you can't just dismiss when a point is made like one player would do this but the other player would've done that

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This is your official warning. This had so much cursing I couldn't even keep some of it. Rules say to keep the language formal and not to to get around the filters. 

That’s because I’m tired of the bs, as are a lot of posters.  So I get a warning. No problem, I’ll keep it G rated. 

• Like 1