General Offseason Discussion

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's arguably been the most consistent on the Oline this season. He's serviceable. 

You can't fix every hole in one offseason. Have to be comfortable with average in some areas. JE is that. 

Agreed Elemunor has been solid this season, OG is the biggest hole on the OL. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's arguably been the most consistent on the Oline this season. He's serviceable. 

You can't fix every hole in one offseason. Have to be comfortable with average in some areas. JE is that. 

Glad they mentioned his flags he’s 2nd in the nfl in flags and 2nd in false start among all nfl olinemen. 

good thing most of his flags are false starts but he shouldn’t stop us from looking at other ot’s in fa and the draft imo

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Glad they mentioned his flags he’s 2nd in the nfl in flags and 2nd in false start among all nfl olinemen. 

good thing most of his flags are false starts but he shouldn’t stop us from looking at other ot’s in fa and the draft imo

Of course we should also look at OTs, but there are definitely bigger holes to fill.

• Like 2

Our opponents for next season… 

Home: Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Giants 

Away: Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Dolphins, Bills, Colts 

Pretty favorable schedule, we’ll have 12 games in domes and only 4/17 games are in cold weather cities. (Denver, KC, Buffalo, and Chicago)

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Home: Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Giants 

Pretty favorable schedule, we’ll have 12 games in domes and only 4/17 games are in cold weather cities. (Denver, KC, Buffalo, and Chicago)

Eesh. I have a hard time finding 7 wins there right now. 

Probably beat Denver twice, split with LC and LA,. 

Pats is probably win number 5. Green Bay might be a 6th depending on who they have next year. Maaaaaybe Pittsburgh as a 7th. 

Unless we have some seismic changes, especially on D, I don't like our matchups with Chicago, NYJ, Minnesota, NYG, Miami, Detroit, Buffalo, or Indianapolis once they have a real HC and better QB than a washed up Matt Ryan and Co. 

Right now, Fields would absolutely destroy us. Maxx isn't catching him if he's the only consistent person getting pressure. The Jets look like they're on the way up once they figure out QB, and their D isn't bad. Minnesota's passing game would be a tough bargain for our secondary, especially with the lack of pressure on the QB. Same for Miami and Detroit. Buffalo is just outright better than we are. Indianapolis beat us with a broken roster and coaching staff. The Giants just strike me as a tough matchup since they don't have Graham calling their D anymore. 

I'd much rather be playing the NFCS, tbh. 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Eesh. I have a hard time finding 7 wins there right now. 

Probably beat Denver twice, split with LC and LA,. 

Pats is probably win number 5. Green Bay might be a 6th depending on who they have next year. Maaaaaybe Pittsburgh as a 7th. 

Unless we have some seismic changes, especially on D, I don't like our matchups with Chicago, NYJ, Minnesota, NYG, Miami, Detroit, Buffalo, or Indianapolis once they have a real HC and better QB than a washed up Matt Ryan and Co. 

Right now, Fields would absolutely destroy us. Maxx isn't catching him if he's the only consistent person getting pressure. The Jets look like they're on the way up once they figure out QB, and their D isn't bad. Minnesota's passing game would be a tough bargain for our secondary, especially with the lack of pressure on the QB. Same for Miami and Detroit. Buffalo is just outright better than we are. Indianapolis beat us with a broken roster and coaching staff. The Giants just strike me as a tough matchup since they don't have Graham calling their D anymore. 

I'd much rather be playing the NFCS, tbh. 

lol... Never change.  Keep showing you will say anything to show your discontent. 

Imagine predicting a record before you even know who the QB of the team is going to be the day after the season ended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Never change.  Keep showing you will say anything to show your discontent. 

Imagine predicting a record before you even know who the QB of the team is going to be the day after the season ended. 

Gladly. Because we're more than just a QB away team. 

Never change, let that Graham respect sauce keep dripping off your chin. Keep it up, McDaniels might make a party of it and give you some of the offensive guru gumbo. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

About as good a schedule as Derek Carr would have hoped for, knowing his struggles with cold temperatures...

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Gladly. Because we're more than just a QB away team. 

Never change, let that Graham respect sauce keep dripping off your chin. Keep it up, McDaniels might make a party of it and give you some of the offensive guru gumbo. 

I love how you view me as some kind of McDaniels/Graham homer when all my argument has ever been is let's see how they perform when they have talent to work with. I'll be first in line next season if I don't see marked improvement.

The Oline and injuries robbed us of seeing what the offense could've truly been, though we saw glimpses. The defense never had a chance. The wasted resources there under Gruden robbed that unit of any starting level talent and poor depth.

We were lying to ourselves trying to pretend guys like Averette, Brown, Nichols, etc would be a net positive. We knew how this was going to go.

The coaching left a lot to be desired and the talent sucks. Both things are true.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

About as good a schedule as Derek Carr would have hoped for, knowing his struggles with cold temperatures...

Indeed.  I'd only be concerned with the Bills outside of our division.  Every other game would be winnable.  Of course that's what I thought this season too.  To be fair, we were in 15 outta 17 games. 

• Like 1