Week 17 SNF Steelers @ Ravens

AngusMcFife

Gotta say the D-line was really pushed around. Travis Jones has been great but he might have hit the rookie wall. 

It was an under the radar move, but I think losing Isiah Mack to the Seahawks on waivers really hurt in this game. I would have much rather cut a non-contributor like Boyle. Mack would have been a fresh rotational player who could clog the middle.  

Edited by AngusMcFife

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Gotta say the D-line was really pushed around. Travis Jones has been great but he might have hit the rookie wall. 

It was an under the radar move, but I think losing Isiah Mack to the Seahawks on waivers really hurt in this game. I would have much rather cut a non-contributor like Boyle. He would have been a fresh rotational player who could clog the middle.  

I legit forgot about us signing Pierce until they brought it up during the broadcast tonight…hasnt seemed like a big loss most of the year but we really could’ve used him tonight 

This was the Steelers Super Bowl and we had Huntley. Also having clinched playoffs, if the Bengals win tomorrow we’re locked into second place in the division 

it’s a bummer cause I greatly prefer watching wins but ultimately the Steelers had more to play for and wanted it more. I’m not going to call us dead quite yet if Lamar is legitimately fresh when he gets back 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Just now, RavensfanRD said:

I wonder does that get expedited IF the Bengals lose tomorrow? 

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, the winner of the division just dictates who hosts the rematch between the same 2 teams the following week. Not just Lamar, but I would lean towards rest for any player that could benefit from it. However, the division is probably meaningful for the team so they probably will try for it.

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If the Bengals lose tomorrow, the winner of the division just dictates who hosts the rematch between the same 2 teams the following week. Not just Lamar, but I would lean towards rest for any player that could benefit from it. However, the division is probably meaningful for the team so they probably will try for it.

This isn’t necessarily true. It’s true that the Ravens and Bengals have a strong path to a back to back matchup, but if the Bills win tomorrow and we win week 17, there is also a path that would have us face the Chargers at home as the #3 seed as the Bengals would then travel to Jacksonville as the #5 seed.

EDIT: To be exact after running the simulation a few times, the Chargers route is dependent upon them losing to the Broncos in week 18, which considering the Chargers don’t really have anything critical to play for and the Broncos may want to end their season on a high note/play spoiler, it’s a very strong possibility for an “upset” there.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This isn’t necessarily true. It’s true that the Ravens and Bengals have a strong path to a back to back matchup, but if the Bills win tomorrow and we win week 17, there is also a path that would have us face the Chargers at home as the #3 seed as the Bengals would then travel to Jacksonville as the #5 seed.

Good point. The Chargers would have to lose to Broncos for that scenario. Not impossible, but also not probable.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Not necessarily. If Bengals and Chargers are tied at 11-6 both would have equal conference record at 7-5. I'm not sure if you've crunched their records against common opponents yet. I'm doing a quick dirty calculation and it looks like the Bengals would be ahead of the Chargers. So then Bengals are the 5, and Chargers would be 6. 

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

EDIT: To be exact after running the simulation a few times, the Chargers route is dependent upon them losing to the Broncos in week 18, which considering the Chargers don’t really have anything critical to play for and the Broncos may want to end their season on a high note/play spoiler, it’s a very strong possibility for an “upset” there.

I'm not sure. If the Bengals lose out and the Chargers win vs DEN, they'd both be 11-6. I *think* the Bengals would be seeded 5 because of victories against common opponents, but could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Good point. The Chargers would have to lose to Broncos for that scenario. Not impossible, but also not probable.

I think it’s all the more probable due to the fact that the Chargers haven’t anything to play for and might treat the matchup like a preseason game while the Broncos would be playing to close their season with some momentum.

Thats a strong upset scenario.

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

Not necessarily. If Bengals and Chargers are tied at 11-6 both would have equal conference record at 7-5. I'm not sure if you've crunched their records against common opponents yet. I'm doing a quick dirty calculation and it looks like the Bengals would be ahead of the Chargers. So then Bengals are the 5, and Chargers would be 6. 

Playoff machine has Bengals at 6 and Chargers at 5 if they both are 11-6 according to the ESPN playoff machine.