Week 17 SNF Steelers @ Ravens

AngusMcFife

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

My thing is why should we expect Peters to look better all of a sudden? Like you said it looks like the ACL injury has really affected him, and now he’s going to be coming off another injury. I don’t see him coming back and magically being restored back to pre-ACL Peters just because he’s been out with a calf injury the last 2-3 weeks

Agree to disagree about the strength of the other AFC passing games. When I watch Cincy and Buffalo and KC it looks like they’re playing a completely different sport than teams like the Falcons and Panthers and Browns who we’ve shut down in previous weeks

1) Because while he’s resting/rehabbing his calf, that gives him time to rest and rehab his knee as well.

So when the calf strain is healed, that gives time for the knee to be a bit more fresh as well.

2) I didn’t say those other squads have overrated passing games; I said I think you might be overrating their TEAMS, not passing attacks. 

I think the Bills weapons aren’t a particularly bad matchup for our defense with Peters, Josh Allen has just been special, but since his injury he’s not quite the same. 

With Burrow, he’s not Mahomes or peak Allen to me and though he’s got the best receiving core of the bunch, I think he’s the least scary QB by a good amount. He doesn’t frighten me, I find him more beatable.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

1) Because while he’s resting/rehabbing his calf, that gives him time to rest and rehab his knee as well.

So when the calf strain is healed, that gives time for the knee to be a bit more fresh as well.

2) I didn’t say those other squads have overrated passing games; I said I think you might be overrating their TEAMS, not passing attacks. 

I think the Bills weapons aren’t a particularly bad matchup for our defense with Peters, Josh Allen has just been special, but since his injury he’s not quite the same. 

With Burrow, he’s not Mahomes or peak Allen to me and though he’s got the best receiving core of the bunch, I think he’s the least scary QB by a good amount. He doesn’t frighten me, I find him more beatable.

The thing about the Bengals to me is Mixon. I don’t really fear the Bills run game in the slightest. Mixon at least has the talent and track record to gash us which makes that offense that much scarier for us IMO…I think the Bills - for better or worse - would play a pretty 1 dimensional game against us, which is at least a little cause for some optimism maybe?

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The thing about the Bengals to me is Mixon. I don’t really fear the Bills run game in the slightest. Mixon at least has the talent and track record to gash us which makes that offense that much scarier for us IMO…I think the Bills - for better or worse - would play a pretty 1 dimensional game against us, which is at least a little cause for some optimism maybe?

I think Mixon is overrated across the league (he’s been considered a top 5 RB for example- which I think is far from reality) and is a bad matchup against our defense as currently constructed, of their two rushers Perine is the better matchup against us IMO. But between Queen and Smith, with Campbell coming back? I like our chances at stuffing their run game and making them one dimensional.

It’ll come down to if we can force Burrow into turnovers and then the offense capitalize off of said turnovers. With Lamar, I think our offense goes from the pathetic 9-13 point scoring we’ve had the last month or so, to around 20-24 points. And I don’t think the Bengals are elite enough to where I fear that they’ll drop 30 on our defense. So I feel confident that we’ll have a good shot against them.

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

John Harbaugh can't be serious, can he? Who the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens because I'm COMPLETELY confused.

I get the whole “CEO” coach thing but…cmon John lol that’s insane. Get in the headset and tell your OC you want Gus in the game. Don’t wait until afterwards to talk about it like you had no control

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

John Harbaugh can't be serious, can he? Who the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens because I'm COMPLETELY confused.

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I get the whole “CEO” coach thing but…cmon John lol that’s insane. Get in the headset and tell your OC you want Gus in the game. Don’t wait until afterwards to talk about it like you had no control

Do we know the context, I haven’t watched the video yet, but it didn’t seem like Gus was particularly effective yesterday. He was just slow enough that the Steelers overcrowding the line could get to him just before he would break those runs.

This strikes me as one of those reporters asking, “would you have liked to get Gus more touches” and that’s his response.

But yeah, I’ll have to watch the presser later to gather the correct context.

4 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Furthermore, this is the 2nd time at least his year that something like this has happened. The other was Rashod Bateman being healthy and getting like 1 target or seeing basically no snaps and Harbaugh was like "I'll have to look into it". So, like, what exactly does Harbaugh do? Give motivational speeches and purchase shovels? How are you NOT aware of how your team is utilizing players? Is someone not tracking that and reporting it to you at halftime?!

Also, watched the highlights for this game just now and the Steelers were 10/16 on 3rd downs. That's just embarrassing. I know the offense only scored 13 points and the defense held Pittsburgh to 16, but wow man. That's not a good offense and our defense straight up could not get off the field.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Do we know the context, I haven’t watched the video yet, but it didn’t seem like Gus was particularly effective yesterday. He was just slow enough that the Steelers overcrowding the line could get to him just before he would break those runs.

This strikes me as one of those reporters asking, “would you have liked to get Gus more touches” and that’s his response.

But yeah, I’ll have to watch the presser later to gather the correct context.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Don't know what could be taken out of context there to be honest. Said Gus should've played more and he's mad it didn't happen even though he's the head coach, lol. Just INSANE

Because at this point, this response from Harbs makes me feel like I could do his job if he's just there to motivate. I can go in the locker room and say "Hey, guys, don't play like toilet water tonight. Go team" 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Mahomes and the Chiefs are the only squad I’d like to avoid if at all possible and that’s simply because I feel Mahomes will go down as the GOAT.

Mahomes is the scariest QB, but the Chiefs D is far, far worse than the Bengals and Bills. They gave up 28 and 24 points in recent games to the Broncos terrible offense. That's the one D in the playoffs that the Ravens could really gash. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Steelers out here running a 4-4 defense with 1 safety on the field and Greg Roman is like "idk how to beat this guys we can't pass out of this formation. If only we had someone who could create instant mismatches against literally any of the 8 players in the box"

GR: They've stacked the box man I'm all out of ideas.

JH: Damn Greg that's crazy.

GR: What we thinking?

JH: Yeah we should def look into that.

GR: ???

JH: ????

[delay of game] 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

GR: They've stacked the box man I'm all out of ideas.

JH: Damn Greg that's crazy.

GR: What we thinking?

JH: Yeah we should def look into that.

GR: ???

JH: ????

[delay of game] 

Best part was watching an All-22 of one of the running plays we did against this type of look. The entire front 6 just crashes into the backfield at full speed and we're sitting here trying to run read-option plays with 2 pullers and Dobbins is getting lit up in the backfield by heat seeking missiles from the edge lol

• Like 1

So how do you all feel about the NFL potentially ending the Cincy-Buff game in a "No-Contest" ? I mean, I understand it, but at the same time kinda *Sigh* for that slim chance Sunday could've been a title game for the Ravens. And maybe Lamar played (Doubtful in my mind, but still possible)