Week 17 SNF Steelers @ Ravens

AngusMcFife

7 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

So how do you all feel about the NFL potentially ending the Cincy-Buff game in a "No-Contest" ? I mean, I understand it, but at the same time kinda *Sigh* for that slim chance Sunday could've been a title game for the Ravens. And maybe Lamar played (Doubtful in my mind, but still possible)

I don't mind it. We have to accept Lamar isn't playing this week. He hasn't practiced, and there's absolutely no sign he's coming back before playoffs.

• Like 1

It’s definitely an interesting conundrum in the face of a terrible tragedy. Would they push the playoffs a week so they could finish the game with the implications on the playoffs. Most likely I could see the bills just forfitting to move on. No good solution to the situation no matter what

12 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

It’s definitely an interesting conundrum in the face of a terrible tragedy. Would they push the playoffs a week so they could finish the game with the implications on the playoffs. Most likely I could see the bills just forfitting to move on. No good solution to the situation no matter what

Just MY opinion, but I feel it should be a week 19 and the Bills/Cincy resume the game. Just take away that fraudulent Pro Bowl week and make that the week of the AFC/NFC Championship games. Problem solved.

But if they just go the no-contest route, I wouldn't be so mad since the Ravens are already in the playoffs.

If they cancel the Bills/Bengals game, the Bill are the team that is most screwed, but the Ravens are the 2nd most screwed. 

If they do that, if I were the Ravens I would forfeit the game vs the Bengals. If they league wants to take away our shot at the division and give us the wild card, I'd just rest the whole team and take a bye week.

• Like 3

I honestly don’t care what they do with the bills/bengals game… We gave up too many 4th quarter leads this season… No need to get the better wildcard matchup… It only possibly delays the inevitable.. give me whatever matchup and get it over with… either we’re good enough or we aren’t…

What do you guys think of the coin flip idea?  If we beat Cincinnati on Sunday and then play them in the Wild Card round the NFL said they will determine the site of the game via a coin flip, thus incentivizing the Ravens to play this weekend rather then rest their starters. My opinion? No way this shakes out in our favor. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

What do you guys think of the coin flip idea?  If we beat Cincinnati on Sunday and then play them in the Wild Card round the NFL said they will determine the site of the game via a coin flip, thus incentivizing the Ravens to play this weekend rather then rest their starters. My opinion? No way this shakes out in our favor. 

Agreed. I think the smart thing to do would be to rest the starters regardless, and go in healthy rather than risking injury for a 50/50 chance at a home game.

That being said the idea of a coin flip to decide a home vs away playoff game is so exciting and lit to me I really hope it happens 😂

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On the one hand, resting the starters sounds great.

On the other hand, our offense needs all the damn practice they can get.

I’d rather not give Cincy any additional tape nor risk injury to Dobbins or Gus. I’d have Watkins and Jackson both also resting. See what guys like Proche, Isabella (assuming he’s got eligibility), Kolar, Likely, Hill, Drake, etc. can do with the snaps.

I’d also consider resting Huntley in the 2nd half if the game doesn’t look winnable.

Defensively I’d love to use it as a way to evaluate our young DL/edge pieces in Ojabo, Oweh, Jones, etc.

Also whatever corner depth we have, I’d field instead of Hump and Peters to get some experience prior to the playoffs. I’d let the safeties all play as that bunch getting additional experience for the playoffs would be great.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d rather not give Cincy any additional tape nor risk injury to Dobbins or Gus. I’d have Watkins and Jackson both also resting. See what guys like Proche, Isabella (assuming he’s got eligibility), Kolar, Likely, Hill, Drake, etc. can do with the snaps.

I’d also consider resting Huntley in the 2nd half if the game doesn’t look winnable.

Defensively I’d love to use it as a way to evaluate our young DL/edge pieces in Ojabo, Oweh, Jones, etc.

Also whatever corner depth we have, I’d field instead of Hump and Peters to get some experience prior to the playoffs. I’d let the safeties all play as that bunch getting additional experience for the playoffs would be great.

Now that I know Huntley has a shoulder issue that prevented him from throwing all week, we might as well just play Anthony Brown at QB this week and give all the young guys reps like you said. Treat it as a pre-season game and also give our passing offense a chance to actually do something.

But yeah defensively I hope we rest everyone important and let Oweh get like 99% of defensive snaps, if for no other reason than just to make it blatantly obvious how bad he is. Offensively, I'd love to rest Stanley, the RB's (Gus might be fine to get some carries after basically sitting last week), Andrews, and the old WR's.

• Like 1