LP's and DF's---Chargers at Dallas

HDsportsfan

45 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

And I'll tell ya'll something else. These last few games just showed me even more how much Romo covered up how bad our D has been for years and to an extent covering the flaws in the offense. Many will say Romo was a part of the flaws. But he kept us in more games, and won more games, than we should have.

Is all hypothetical the defense has 99% turnover rate of players from the Romo days

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This is absolutely impossible in every way imaginable.....

Zero chance. 8 ******* games! EIGHT...

No penalty for slamming Witten.

No facemask penalty on Switzer's KO return.

Holding on Tyron but not on Allens last TD catch (of course terrible or no tackling at all).

4th and inches and we get pass interference called on Lewis when he was within 5 yards.

Twice last week Dak hands inside his facemask.

All those calls or no calls make a difference. We're still a bad team right now regardless. Just frustrating as hell.

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

All those calls or no calls make a difference. We're still a bad team right now regardless. Just frustrating as hell.

Absolutely. It's an uphill battle regardless with this team's play right now, but the lack penalties being called only amplifies it. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Dak and Romo had totally different players on their respective defenses. So a comparison is hypothetical. 

Sure it's hypothetical but none the less still true. The point is Romo was able to hide how bad the defense was and at least keep games close or win. Dak up to this point (and not unexpected for only his 2nd year) has not shown that he can do that. Romo carried the team. Dak is not or at least to this point hasn't.

I get what you are saying but I guess I think Dallas  current defense may very well be the worst therefore making the arguments hypothetical.  Both Romo and Dak have had some really good teammates and bad teammates and bad Coaching. Hard to tell. But prime Romo did carry Dallas more than Dak has to this point of Daks career.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I get what you are saying but I guess I think Dallas  current defense may very well be the worst therefore making the arguments hypothetical.  Both Romo and Dak have had some really good teammates and bad teammates and bad Coaching. Hard to tell. But prime Romo did carry Dallas more than Dak has to this point of Daks career.

I don't know man. I still remember the Rob Ryan defenses. Massive amount of consecutive 400 and 500 yards against.

5 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Lmfao this team is a joke. I sure as hell hope Jerry is taking notes. 10 quarters without an offensive TD, 3 game losing streak. QB issues, OLine issues, WR issues, pass rush issues, Secondary issues, LB issues, injury issues, suspension issues. And biggest issue, COACHING!

That’s really what it boils down to. You can’t have that many failures on that many levels unless the coaching has failed.

5 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

And I'll tell ya'll something else. These last few games just showed me even more how much Romo covered up how bad our D has been for years and to an extent covering the flaws in the offense. Many will say Romo was a part of the flaws. But he kept us in more games, and won more games, than we should have.

This is the sad truth.  There are 2 things going on right now.... opposing defenses are daring Dak to beat them.  Teams would never leave Dez 1 on 1 for long stretches with Romo at QB.  And by doing so... one of the things that Dak has really good at (protecting the football) has now been exposed as teams have no fear of him beating them deep.  Now he's throwing into more coverage or under more duress and both have been bad results.  The simple truth is this offense will suck until Dak shows he will beat defenses deep.  

Combine all of this with seriously shaken confidence from the ATL game and it's like he's the rookie QB we all expected last year.  In boxing, they say some boxers never recover mentally from a serious knockout.  Dak got the hell beat out of him in ATL and he is a shell of himself right now.

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah... Lawrence and Irving suddenly forgot how to rush the passer.

Lawrence’s contract is looking better and better each week he doesn’t get a sack. Even honk his hits and knockdowns are down last 3 weeks as well. 

16 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

No penalty for slamming Witten.

No facemask penalty on Switzer's KO return.

Holding on Tyron but not on Allens last TD catch (of course terrible or no tackling at all).

4th and inches and we get pass interference called on Lewis when he was within 5 yards.

Twice last week Dak hands inside his facemask.

I was going tp post something like this but you beat me to it.

I'm usually not one to complain about penalties but it's usually not this one sided. And it's not some anecdotal opinion of a losing fan base. There are stats to back it up. What's the total penalties and yards lost vs. Our opponents the last few games? Anyone have that?

LP: LP continues to snap perfectly.

DF: Everyone else.  Coaching being the most egregious.  2nd time in 3 years our coaches have not been able to adjust at all to a few injuries.  I could see losing our star QB for 12 games like 2015, but we've only been without Zeke and Lee for 3 games (Smith for 2) and we look like a total shell of ourselves.  That is more indicative of a coaching problem than anything else.  I am ready to cut bait with the whole staff at this point (the coordinators at the very least).

Archived